polls....

Questions and comments on tactics and playstyles
elemental skater
Private
Private

polls....

Post by elemental skater »

how do u start polls...and vote in them??
Sky King
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sky King »

You have to be a registered user to start a poll.

For simplicity, I will use red to show what you actually type on the keybord instead of quotation marks.

To start a poll, you type m or n to send a message, just like any other message. Then, once you get the "Send to all:" prompt, you type /poll and then whatever you are polling for. For instance: /poll kick elemental skater

Voting is similar, you press m or n as before, and then type /vote yes or /vote no

The "/" slash tells the server to intercept your message and interpret it as a command, instead of broadcasting/sending it.
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

Flagreset

Post by Triumph of the Soul »

I'm not sure but is flagreset any different? When I type /poll flagreset, I get some sort of "syntax error" or a "must use valid argument" error. I sometimes see the following message appear when somebody starts a poll: "Username has started a poll to reset flags unused". How do you poll for a flagreset? And how is the example shown above different from other ways of reseting flags?

--A Distraction
Creator @: Duck or Die, Duck or Die CTF, Fuel Stack, Guernica, Normal, Frayed
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

Code: Select all

/poll flag reset all
reset all flags. tanks all drop flags too.

/poll flag reset unused
reset flags not being carried by tanks.

/poll flag reset team
reset team flags only. they respawn at bases.

/poll flag up
remove all flags from play.

Don't throw /poll kicks and bans around like nobody's buisness. It's best to try and talk to the player that is offending you. If it's a "TKer", more often than not it's just a n00b that dosn't know the rules - tell them what's what. Is a person really cheating, or have they got really bad lag/packetloss? - tell them to reduce thier lag.

If there is an admin around, it's usually better to ask them instead of starting a poll.

Communication is key!! Often a ban is a big thing. So /poll banning just because a guy is annoying you is not funny.

PS: Sky King: You don't necessaily need to be registered to /poll, it depends on the server you are playing on, and how they have thier permissions set up.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
GMMan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by GMMan »

Wow... I never knew /poll flagreset all takes the flag away from the player. I should stop using that at Boxy, or maybe I could stop the geno rampage... :twisted:
I haven't touched BZFlag for years, but maybe sometime I'll make a comeback.

I'm on Twitter. And I mess with webOS. This signature is not a blog.