OBLISK Downloading Problem

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
GMMan
Private First Class
Private First Class

OBLISK Downloading Problem

Post by GMMan »

Well, I'm on my computer on a Live version of Ubuntu 6.06, was downloading BZFlag in an OBLISK package. Downloaded fine. Double-clicked bzflag. An usual relocating box came, and passed fine. Then came the libgnutls.so.13. It just stood there for a second with no progress and then popped up an empty error box with an OK button. I'm supposing that the file from its download server was missing. Since there isn't text to the error, I have very faint idea what happened. After clicking OK, it repeats the download-and-error into an infinite loop. To stop this, I had to manually kill the program. I didn't have a problem on a Linspire Live CD, so it might have something to do with the already installed libgnutls. The version of libgnutls installed on the live CD is version 1.2.9-2ubuntu1. Any help?
I haven't touched BZFlag for years, but maybe sometime I'll make a comeback.

I'm on Twitter. And I mess with webOS. This signature is not a blog.
Tanner
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tanner »

Hi,

I've been running for a couple weeks now. I installed BZFlag from the source and that worked fine. No clue how to do the OBLISK package.

-Tanner
Tanner - Segway HT i180 Red Owner - Random Map Creator - BZStocks - TS Software

JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

the OBLISK is not part of the offical builds, and is therefor unsuported by us.

The download page you got the package has contact info for support from it's author.
ImageJeffM
Uzzi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Uzzi »

I have had the same problem recently. Seems that the Obelisk package requires a download from somewhere, perhaps FTP, and that download source appears to be unavailable. I wonder if the author and creator was running the download site from his house of office and now it's down?

Maybe he's on vacation.