roaming

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
^nightmare^
Private First Class
Private First Class

roaming

Post by ^nightmare^ »

a flag that just lets u roam the map so u wint get killed. CANT get killed by anything, even world weapons :twisted: but it has a time limit so u wont hae annoying people who just sit there. the tim limit could be set w/ the /set command. CANT go through buildings or shoot of course.
so bassicly u become a tank that cant kill or be killed :lol-old:
Need bzflag help? Try looking here: http://www.freewebs.com/bznightmare/map ... aghelp.htm
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

That's kindof like Phantom Zone, itsn't it?
Glassjaw
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Glassjaw »

it's like PZ but you don't have to go through portals...but PZ is practically useless, so... :wink:
The Psycho Chicken
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Psycho Chicken »

glassjaw wrote:it's like PZ but you don't have to go through portals...but PZ is practically useless, so... :wink:
PZ is one of the nicest, if not the most useful "travel" flag. You take the quick direct way to wherever you find a transporter close to the action. As with other flags, the layout of a map makes the difference. On "Two Castles" the PZ flag has become quite useful while it does not encourage a bunch of PZ campers like it was on "Mad City".
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

The Psycho Chicken wrote:On "Two Castles" the PZ flag has become quite useful while it does not encourage a bunch of PZ campers like it was on "Mad City".
In the 2.x versions, PZ tanks can kill other PZ tanks-- even when they're both zoned.
^nightmare^
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ^nightmare^ »

bassicly its like pz, except u cant get killed, and u can drop it after u have it (and the time limit thing)
Need bzflag help? Try looking here: http://www.freewebs.com/bznightmare/map ... aghelp.htm
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: roaming

Post by The Red Baron »

|wHo| wrote:a flag that just lets u roam the map so u wint get killed. CANT get killed by anything, even world weapons :twisted: but it has a time limit so u wont hae annoying people who just sit there. the tim limit could be set w/ the /set command. CANT go through buildings or shoot of course.
so bassicly u become a tank that cant kill or be killed :lol-old:
what is the purpose of this flag?

So you can get to zones and places that you would otherwise have to fight for? (ie, in CTF, if someone is guarding their base, you just jump up there, drop the flag and shoot them.)

If thats no the intent, i see the flag being used as this. so This does not get my vote. I'm against.
Beware! I'm going to clone myself and spread those clones all over the world!
BinarySpike
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BinarySpike »

I have to side with Red Baron.

This flag has no use what so ever.

You just fly around doing nothing...

Get this flag...
Goto a spot that nobody can kill you...
Wait till the time limit is done...
Laugh at them...
RexFlex
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by RexFlex »

So you can get to zones and places that you would otherwise have to fight for? (ie, in CTF, if someone is guarding their base, you just jump up there, drop the flag and shoot them.)

If thats no the intent, i see the flag being used as this. so This does not get my vote. I'm against.
I agree. Both PZ and ST flags often permit you within certain limits to get to areas that are otherwise difficult, but the limits they have balances out that ability. Capturing the flag should always have a fair level of risk in the attempt because it is the ultimate goal in CTF.
^nightmare^
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ^nightmare^ »

actually thats not what i was shooting for, i guess i just really need to put in a suggestion of putting back the "@" in front of ur name and u could rome the map :\
i had no intentions of what yall thought of, i didnt even think of that myself...
TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux »

This sounds like a bad flag to me...
^nightmare^
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ^nightmare^ »

im talking about the thing where u dont play, u dont have to be admin, u just simply add @ in front of ur name, and ur roaming. back in 1.7g2 (or the old 1s like that....)
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by The Red Baron »

|wHo| wrote:im talking about the thing where u dont play, u dont have to be admin, u just simply add @ in front of ur name, and ur roaming. back in 1.7g2 (or the old 1s like that....)
we still have that feature. Only you don't have to put the @ infront of you name. You just select the team "observer" and then you can roam all you want.
Beware! I'm going to clone myself and spread those clones all over the world!
^nightmare^
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ^nightmare^ »

AWSOME i didnt know that ty :doh: