admin on notifier

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
yamar
Private First Class
Private First Class

admin on notifier

Post by yamar »

I was thinking about the times that I have gone on a server with no admin (unknown to me), and a cheater joined, ruining a perfectly good game with some friends... so maybe there could be a little @ in front of servers on the server list that have an admin active on them... it would make choosing a server where I/we could have a good time a lot easier.

This may not make sense... if needed I'll try to explain it more clearly tomorrow...

Cheers, Yamar
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: admin on notifier

Post by Bambino »

Couldn't you just pop in for a look and check to see if an admin is present? Most cheaters that I know of (NightMare and Sk3letr0n) prefer not to go onto a server an admin is on. Or one where and admin isn't on at the time.
If you get and IRC client (X-Chat) and connect to #bzflag where many people are on, most often, someone that is admin at that server it on.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
yamar
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by yamar »

megameow is a biggie... I found that out....

is ventrillo a IRC client? I'm on a mac, and I have that... would I connect to #bzflag, just type that in? thanks
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

ventrilo, according to a google search, is a VoIP program, aka, not what you want.

Try XChat Aqua - http://sourceforge.net/projects/xchataqua/
Assuming it's just a mac port for xchat, it'll be trivial to connect to freenode and join #bzflag.
The freenode server is : irc.freenode.net

to join a channel, just type /join #bzflag