Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

A Distraction's "Guernica"

Post by Triumph of the Soul »

Name: Guernica
Native Style: CTF
Time to Create: Approximately 1 Month
Known Bugs/Issues: None that I know of. Please inform me here in this thread, through /report, or by PMing me if you find any.
Author Comments: I started out with the intention of not making a map that promotes the players' death on a regular or frequent basis (as I usually have done), and I think I am closer to that goal than ever. The four bases are spaced far apart. There are two ways to travel between the bases: One may either brave the steep slope down to the sea, and jump from platform to platform, or one may climb over a rope connected to a center monolith and then climb a different rope to the enemy base. At the bottom of each of the bases is a narrow ledge, but this ledge is constantly sliding the player towards the water. On the center monolith, the ledges get smaller as you go up. One can fall off the rim to the inside and land on a platform with the genocide flag on it (which is quite easy), but getting back to a base from there is hard, as you must land on an over water platform. Lastly, I must mention that the map is foggy. It looks better that way, so if your computer can't handle it, turn it off in your client.

This map is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported license.

As always, I welcome constructive criticism.

This map is now hosted at distraction.servegame.org:6025.
Attachments
bzfi0012.png
(941.53 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
bzfi0014.png
(523.13 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
bzfi0013.jpg
(108.16 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
Guernica.bzw
(25.33 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
Last edited by Triumph of the Soul on Mon May 26, 2008 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Creator @: Duck or Die, Duck or Die CTF, Fuel Stack, Guernica, Normal, Frayed
F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by F687/s »

The map's pretty good. From what I've played, seems quite frustrating to get to other bases, but I'll have to play it with others to see how it holds up.

And how is promoting death good? ;-)