A Distraction's "Fuel Stack": First Look

Previews and comments on future maps.
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

A Distraction's "Fuel Stack": First Look

Post by Triumph of the Soul »

This idea just came to me out of the blue. I hope to finish it soon, but I'm having some problems with the meshboxes for the tunnels [at the bottom level]. I hope to put teleporters in the tunnels connecting the different levels so you could even get rid of jumping if you wanted to. I also intend to put a large shaft running up and down the middle, a jump pad at the bottom of the shaft is already there, and I plan to put a death physics object at the top of the shaft. The floor beneath the platforms will also be deadly. It's not finished yet but you get the idea.

Tell me what you think. Should I continue making this map or is it a stupid idea?

And here are some mouth watering screenshots to keep you satisfied for now.
Attachments
bzfi0153.png
(429.82 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
bzfi0154.png
(317.16 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
bzfi0155.png
(606.44 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
Creator @: Duck or Die, Duck or Die CTF, Fuel Stack, Guernica, Normal, Frayed
Legolas_
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas_ »

Not looking bad A Distraction, infact, looking nice. You might consider re-doing the textures on the meshboxes, since they look a bit disoriented.
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

...And could someone please explain to me why you can have two boxes of the same height sit flushly together with no problems, but when you make one or both of them a meshbox, it becomes hard to travel between the two?
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

That would simple be a bug in the collision code with meshboxes. With newer versions of BZFS (2.0.9), it's possible to apply textures, physics drivers, etc to regular 'box' objects. I've found them to be much easier to texture as well, since you can references sides as easy as "x+" and "y-". This feature was added 4 weeks after the release of 2.0.8, but many servers might still run 2.0.8 and be unable to handle a map utilizing this.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

A question about flag zones in this map: I want to use a flag zone to keep the flags for this map on the inside of the main cylenders. As you can see, there are many levels in this map. When I put a flag zone in the map that spans the entire height of the main area inside, most of the flags exist on floor 1 with some flags on floors 2, 3, and 4, and no flags exist above floor 4 no matter how many times I flag reset. Is there any way to fix this so the flags are interspersed on to all the floors, or am I doomed for eternity. I want to refrain from using zoneflag because I don't want people to find patterns in the location of certain flags.

I have also tried making eight different zones for each floor but I got the same result as before. It probably has to do with the fact that the first floor has about 50% more surface area than any of the other floors.

On a side note: My life would be alot easier if I could make circular zones...