Private First Class

Pantomime Updated

Post by ducktape »

Hi all, this is my latest map,
Pantomime,
2 team CTF
4 shots
Superflags

It was been out for awhile it was up for a bit but I've been working on it. testing stuff out. I added a Busted tank thanks to Me1 for that. added arcs and a sphere

Screenies!:
Attachments
bzfi0133.jpg
(885.19 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
bzfi0132.jpg
(911.8 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
maps.jpg
(954.76 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Quite interesting. It seems rather open or empty in some areas, but a lot of it is pretty cool. I see you're using that broken tank. ;) Looks pretty good. Just remember that it's not always about looks... a lot of people love playability. I can't test this, unfortunately, so I'm just going to tell you to try to keep both balanced.

Are you going to attach the map file at some point?
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

ducatiwannabe wrote:Quite interesting. It seems rather open or empty in some areas, but a lot of it is pretty cool. I see you're using that broken tank. ;) Looks pretty good. Just remember that it's not always about looks... a lot of people love playability. I can't test this, unfortunately, so I'm just going to tell you to try to keep both balanced.

Are you going to attach the map file at some point?
Ok thanks I'll work with it some more. I wasnt going to post the map file. cuz I dont want everyone to be able to use it and host it. but I'll PM it to you so you can test it.
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Ah, not posting your map file is actually a pretty smart idea. That way YOU get to decide who does what to it. I've found with two of my maps (walkways and missile war in particular) that people like to raise a base height by two points or some extremely minuscule change and call the map their own. :)
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Have you tested your own map, by any chance? I wonder if you overlooked a couple of things. I'm going to assume that you have two "bunkers" in your map, which actually aren't very bad, despite lack of detail and the emptiness, however you can not shoot out, as the bottom of the bunker is too high to shoot out of. Try lowering it about 0.2 or so. Also, try lowering the top part of where you shoot out of the bunker, and making it taller, to make a much smaller bunker hole. For example... yours is like:

_

_

When it could be much smaller, and still be able to shoot out of it.

_
_ or =

:)

Also, one of your teleporters has no links whatsover, and the only way to get through the one that is linked is by jumping. Try moving the teleporter away from the direct side of the pyramid and linking it properly.

Needs more work, but I guess it's not off to a horrid start! 8)
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

ok thanks I will jump into windows and fix that stuff cuz I dont want to do it by hand in linux. I"ll PM you when I have finished it. oh and I hope you dont mind I added you to my gmail.
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

I"ll PM you when I have finished it. oh and I hope you dont mind I added you to my gmail.
Ok, thanks on the PM when finished deal. :) I don't mind your addition to your gmail. :)
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

anytime. thanks for looking at them.
The Frog Master
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Frog Master »

Looks quite interesting, cant wait to see it up
Ummmm, yea, errrrrr, hi, hey, is this thing on??
Probably not, oh well, ahhhh, wellll, the thing is... ahh tarnation, who cares.
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

It will be up soon before i get it up I kinnda wanna get DW opinion first I will post when its up.