Shots go through tele's, Tanks don't.

General talk about the map making process.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Shots go through tele's, Tanks don't.

Post by optic delusion »

Today I ran across this problem for the fourth time, so I figured I'd mention it.

I'm making a map, and scratching my head over teleporters. Shots go thru the tele correctly, but tanks either get stuck, or drive thru, without teleporting. Why?
One of the teleporters is atop a building, you'll find if you download the map from the client, the height of the building has grown slightly, i'ts now 100.001 (or something), when it should be 100.

Simply raise the teleporter .1 unit. Or lower the building .1. Problem solved.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

also, the other end of the tele sometimes makes this happen. if the tele on the other end is too low, you can't tele, so raise both teles .1 or lower both boxes .1
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

Actually from reading the title of this thread, that would make a cool gameplay twist on a server.
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

you can do that already, just make it too small for a tank to go through.
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

afaik that happens if you try to have a tele on the ground link to a tele on a meshbox, or any 1.0 object to a 2.0 object.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux »

That is a really odd bug, that has caused me huge headaches on BoxyWar. The floors are the type where you can 'jump up' from underneath them, but you have to be able to drive onto other floors & walls where you can't. If I make everything meshes, everybody whines because it looks ugly on radar (meshes are not outlined, and BZFlag has no polygon-antialiasing option yet), or looks all white when texturing is off, or some other weird thing that is horrible and why 2.x was such a terrible thing to come along :(.

And, I have other troubles mixing boxes & meshes, mainly with texturing. You might have figured this out by now, but depending on what quality setting BZFlag is on, the boxwall and pyrwall textures are scaled differently, so it's impossible to match them up for everyone.