CVS: Checking out 2.0.7 ... 2.0.9 ??

Questions or HOWTOs about the above? Post 'em here...
PsYch0
Private First Class
Private First Class

CVS: Checking out 2.0.7 ... 2.0.9 ??

Post by PsYch0 »

So - I've had problems checking out up-to-date CVS ever since the release of 2.0.6...

Specifically, I run the following commands and get 2.0.5 CVS !!

Code: Select all

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@bzflag.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/bzflag login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymouse@bzflag.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/bzflag co -r v2_0branch bzflag
I don't know much about CVS so perhaps I'm missing something... ?
Also, with 2.0.8 out, is the new CVS versioned at 2.0.9

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
PsYch0
Last edited by PsYch0 on Sat May 13, 2006 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux »

PsYch0
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by PsYch0 »

right and you'll notice that the two commands I listed above (that I run to checkout CVS) are mentioned in that post... as well as many posts...

The problem is however (whether updating or starting clean) I get code identified as 2.0.5 ....

-PsYch0
PsYch0
Private First Class
Private First Class

Working

Post by PsYch0 »

I'm not sure how to explain this, but here it goes.

+ As of the 2.0.6 release, I was still checking out CVS BZFlag 2.0.5....
+ I noticed a change yesterday in servers (reading the post referenced above) and tried again to no avail. The change is from cvs.sourceforge.net to bzflag.cvs.sourceforge.net
+ I just decided to give it another shot, and bam! it worked.

Above, I did incorrectly post the code: I said I was using the old server (cvs.sourceforge.net) and not the new server (bzflag.sourceforge.net); this probably prompted the reference by TD-Linux. I've edited my original post to reflect the actual commands I was using.

Anyway - I don't know what straigtened it out as I've had this problem since the release of 2.0.6 and I updated my commands as of yesterday... but either way, I now have 2.0.9

-PsYch0
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

ok here ya go.

1) the Anon CVS servers were not sycned to dev, when 2.0.6 was made. so it makes sense that you'd keep geting 2.0.5

2) make sure you are checking out from the new servers into an empty dir. Don't have your old stuff there. That way you are sure to not have any old data there. There are ways to make your old local copy link to the new, but the sure fire easy way is to just download it again. You were probalby trying while SF was moving to the new system when it didn't work.

3) yes CVS is now taged as .9, but there are no changes planed for it. None, zip, zero, squat, nothing, nada, budkiss.
ImageJeffM
pyr0
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by pyr0 »

The jump from 2.0.4-current happened as follows

2.0.4 releases, this was also followed with 2.0.5 in cvs.

2.0.6 released, problems with sourceforge cvs lead to 2.0.5 still being the checked in version. 2.0.7 releases over IRC and then 2.0.7b2 over the forums as well as being fixed in cvs

2.0.8 releases and 2.0.9 is the cvs version.

I think the only question I may have is will there be a 2.0.10, if there is a 2.0.9 already...
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

pyr0
yes, 2.0.6 was never in anon CVS before the swap, SF had problems. it was a known issue for over a month. When anon cvs change, it synced to dev CVS and was at 2.0.7

no there will NOT be a .10, unless there is a huge horible masivly world destroying bug. And then only if 2.2.0 is not near ready by then.

we always bump the cvs past the release, just in that case. All release lines end on an odd version.

that is why .9 will have no changes, it is the end of a line.

You will only find a release version in the "branch" tag for a short time while we are building the release. If you want a release verison use the release tag, like "v2_0_8". That way the relese code is always the same and does not change ( can't have more then one 2.0.8 version can we? )

all new dev is to be done on 2.1.x for a 2.2.0 release.
ImageJeffM