The Mapatorium - Up for Grabs

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

The Mapatorium - Up for Grabs

Post by RPG »

While discovering a huge security flaw with the BZFlag Mapatorium, I noticed one thing: I'm not maintaining it. Not making nearly enough code changes that it needs. It has grown a lot, and due to that it is in dire need of some up keeping. You'd think I'd do it, but I'm too busy right now and just don't feel like working on it.

So here's the deal. I'll give someone else the mapatorium code, and the rights to own it, and you can keep & nurture it, the only thing I'd like is a reference at the bottom. All the framework code is made, the only thing it needs are a lot of minor adjustments and fine tuning.

Any and all PHP gurus inquire here.
1veedo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by 1veedo »

Make it open source.

I'm half tempted to take it, but I'm going to have a busy school schedule.
1veedo (libcurl.so.2) I have version 3!
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

It could be considered open source, since I'm giving away the soruce. It's just not on Sourceforge :). I just started a busy school schedule too, that's why I really want to get it off my chest.
mr manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mr manalishi »

meh - I know someone who'll take it. BUT NOT REGGED HERE.

Matermine @
legoman.proboards18.com (copy and paste) will take, he has WAY too much free time :|
1veedo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by 1veedo »

I actually wouldn't mind taking it. The only thing is that I dont have SQL set up (it is installed, though). I'll make it open, put a GNU thing someware.

I'm giving it mapatorium.homedns.org or something, just in case :wink:
1veedo (libcurl.so.2) I have version 3!
Supertanker
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Supertanker »

I could help when I learn more about PHP...I have 100 megs to burn at my siteburg account...siteburg is very project-oriented, sorta like sourceforge, only not just open source.

Anyways, I would luv to help in any ways I can. I can offer webspace and some of my php skills (not that much)