/poll set capabilities

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
toaster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by toaster »

Manu wrote:/poll kick is like useless.

You spend more time in run the poll and the players in vote than the kicked player in rejoin.. heh
Absolutely right. But if the devs feel they have to leave something default on, ... :)
-toaster
"So there I was, all alone, facing all of the enemy. I started driving in circles, until I had them surrounded, and then I escaped in the confusion."
toaster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by toaster »

sbgodin wrote:Another curious topic is that the '/poll ban' can do only if the IP adress of offender is known. Typically, when you can see the IP you can also at least shortban...
I could have sworn that /poll ban uses the callsign as the player identifier, not the IP, thereby allowing non-admins to run it. ??????
sbgodin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by sbgodin »

toaster wrote:I could have sworn that /poll ban uses the callsign as the player identifier, not the IP, thereby allowing non-admins to run it. ??????
I think you're true and I'm false. I never did or saw such a poll. I read the man bzfs and it says that the playername is required.

My bad.

Here's then a request: do a /shortban command which allow short-admins (!) to ban temporary somebody without all that playerlist-ip-writedown-ban processus.
Christophe HENRY - France