jerky video after configuring new firewall

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
Defman
Private First Class
Private First Class

jerky video after configuring new firewall

Post by Defman »

Howdy all,

This weekend I merged my firewall/router and my fileserver onto one computer, running MD 9.0 with the latest updates (as of this morning)
and now when I play bz, the video is very jerky.

The old setup for my firewall/router was using firestarter to config the firewall - how ever, I do not recall opening up any ports to play bz.

Now I am using just a script - /etc/rc.d/rc.firewall in which I obtained from a Unix instructor which also runs Mandrake.

I am curious as to how I can fix the jerky video problem...I suspect there is something not configured just right for my firewall.

Any clues? I can post the rc.firewall script here if need be.

On a related note - I was under the impression that if I put the rc.firewall script into /etc/rc.d/ it would run automatically upon bootup...but it doesn't. If I run the script from a terminal, it runs fine so I do not suspect there is a invalid path statement in the script.

Under MCC, iptables is set to run on boot, however the status of it shows it is not running.

I also ran chkconfig --add iptables just in case, but that doesn't help.

TIA for any help or ideas.
Defman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Jerky video prob FIXED

Post by Defman »

hehe, windows habit..I just rebooted my system. Must of been something funky with the NFS shares I set up. If anybody knows how to fix my rc.firewall problem though that would be great! Otherwise I think I will go find another GUI program to do it for me.