AnGriff v1.2

User made maps to use on servers.
Grumbler
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

AnGriff v1.2

Post by Grumbler »

I have been playing around with an assault ctf map. Its definitely not done, but I would appreciate some constructive critiques on what is there now.

couple of my goals.

1. create a fair by non-symmetric ctf map. part of this comes from spawning and having no clue which side of the map I am on.

2. keep it simple. small. complex play, with minimal blocks.

3. provide camping spots, but dont provide god-like camping spots.

4. encourage richo play. angles are out friends.

thats about it.

some of the feedback already has to the height of the center bridge....at 18, its a little high.

map is hosted at bzflag.galkire.net:5555
.........you kids, get out of my tank...........
Workaphobia
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Workaphobia »

It looks pretty good. I would add a few more places to jump to - force people to go through a small series of platforms to get to a good camping spot, just like you have to maneuver to get to a base. The central wall is only slightly too high; I could still land on it with one try.
"Nifty News Fifty: When news breaks, we give you the pieces."
Grumbler
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Grumbler »

Ok, its been updated a couple more times. I keep trying to get the overall height down, but it keeps getting taller..............oh well.
Capt. James T. Kirk
Private
Private

Post by Capt. James T. Kirk »

I think the center is just high enough. It is enough to take skill to get up to it.

I like the 2 base idea, though there was no one on it last night when i was there to try it on someone else. Need players to show up to really test it out...
Grumbler
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Grumbler »

ok, i kinda took some steps backward again. i added some small buildings to the center area. i also raised the main wall to 18 units.................ie, it will take a good jump to get up there.

i also played around with the bases a little more. they are still not where i want them, but this is a nice test.
toaster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by toaster »

interesting map. i was only one on, can't contribute much to review of game play on it. i am puzzled about flag capture. can you capture to either of the bases?
-toaster
"So there I was, all alone, facing all of the enemy. I started driving in circles, until I had them surrounded, and then I escaped in the confusion."
Grumbler
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Grumbler »

yes, you can capture to any base

what is nice about two bases, is that during a team respawn after a capture, it is difficult to camp on the base and kill the entire team, since the team will spawn between the two bases. In this map, I am not trying to completely eliminate base camping, since an SW can probably reach both bases if positioned right, but just make it more difficult.
Capt. James T. Kirk
Private
Private

Post by Capt. James T. Kirk »

When is it going to be back up? Viper's, while real cool, is growing old on this old Captain.
poxy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by poxy »

When is it going to be back up?
I do charity bzflag map hosting.
Grumbler
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Grumbler »

Capt. James T. Kirk wrote:When is it going to be back up? Viper's, while real cool, is growing old on this old Captain.

Well, i have been taking a look at some of the ducatiwannabe maps and seeing what i can put up from there. Not sure it will be up soon, but maybe in a week or so. :)
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

you have? why :P its not like I posted any :D

I think I'll just post all I've ever made, and then just post new ones I make...that would keep it from getting cluttered in the map section.
Grumbler
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Grumbler »

the map section should be cluttered. :)