Plug-in Question...

Need help seting up a server, or have a question on how to run one? This is the place.
cepris
Private First Class
Private First Class

Plug-in Question...

Post by cepris »

Hey,
Sorry if this is the wrong board, but I was looking for a plugin that when I say something on my server, it comes out as something else which I define. For example, if someone says, "wildrune11", i could set it so that it comes out as "wildrune11 is cool!" etc. etc. Is there such a thing?
blast
General
General

Re: Plug-in Question...

Post by blast »

So essentially you want a plugin that will make people never want to come back to your server?
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

cepris
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by cepris »

No. I won't do it for silly purposes, for example, if someone says, "Hi", and it comes out, "all of you are idiots!". Similar to the filter you put on your server for april fools, if i say you it comes out as U. Except it will be sensible ;P
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

So you just want a plugin that does word replacement? Shouldn't be to hard. I don't think anything like that has been released. I know a couple have been made though, so it is possible.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Make a anti-txt-speak plugin that converts "U" into "you" and "ur" into "you're" and does grammar checks to ensure proper use of "you're" and "your". :P
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

cepris
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by cepris »

haha, blast, that sounds like a cool idea. :) Bambino: Do you know anybody who could make me one?
(and somebody just sent me one full of rude words, don't know what it's for though. just asked them)
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

wildrune11 wrote:Bambino: Do you know anybody who could make me one?
Sure! You can! The only way to learn is to do it, not knowing how to program yet is not a real excuse...
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

joevano wrote:
wildrune11 wrote:Bambino: Do you know anybody who could make me one?
Sure! You can! The only way to learn is to do it, not knowing how to program yet is not a real excuse...
Thanks joe :)

Yes I know people who *CAN* make it. I doubt they actually would though.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague