BigBertha - BB - Flag Idea

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
FiringSquad
Sergeant
Sergeant

BigBertha - BB - Flag Idea

Post by FiringSquad »

When a tank has the BB flag, it moves like it has the momentum flag, since the weapon is heavy (but powerful).
There should be a long reload time and the shots should look like naval-mines, i.e. with spikes like this:

and it should explode with a shockwave as soon as it hits something or reaches the end of it's range.

Since most of the effects are already implemented, it should not be too difficult to combine them for this flag and I believe it could add something to the game-play. The flag would be a burden until you reach a good spot and there would be a certain skill in mastering aiming with momentum, but it would certainly be worth it. :-)
Monster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: BigBertha - BB - Flag Idea

Post by Monster »

I really like this idea, I'm really excited if this will be possible :)
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

FiringSquad
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by FiringSquad »

Grenade (GN)
Description: When your shots die (i.e. hit wall when no ricochet, or expire in air or killing somebody) they explode in a SW. (I don't know if this is possible in 3.0.)

Reason: too deadly/complex
I agree that the GN flag would be too deadly, which is why I added the momentum factor and the long reload.

While there are similarities with the GN flag, it's definitely not the same.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Making things more complicated, just makes it more likely that it will not happen. This is a simple game that tries to keep to the KISS principal... (Keep It Simple Stupid)
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln