Long time no see BZFlag

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )
Ice Drake
Private First Class
Private First Class

Long time no see BZFlag

Post by Ice Drake »

Figured I'd pop in and say hello to the very few of you who may remember me, haven't seen a lot of people that I recognize bumming around lately which kind of saddens me, but I do like seeing that at least some of you are still playing!

Also, what happened to spiralzone/GU.de/hepcat? Those servers were always full up, especially my home @ GU.de =( that just really makes me depressed there guys.

So anyway, hi2u BZFlag (again)
Oldie.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Welcome back. The addiction is hard to break, eh? :)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Ice Drake
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ice Drake »

Yeah, I suppose so.
Oldie.
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Avatar »

Spiralzone disappeared/reappeared/disappeared several times over the past couple of years. Really saddens me, as it was one of my old favorites and it's just never been able to regain solid numbers since the first time it went off the list.

An old version of the map is available among the "classics" set, but there hasn't really been anybody there yet.
And the lesson for tonight is:

Never underestimate the ability of a newb to expect instant success and cry "cheat!" when they don't get it. Don't hate the newb, just give them plenty of learning opportunities. ;)
Saturos
Art Master General
Art Master General

Post by Saturos »

Heya, of course we remember you, IceDrake. :o

GU has no strong public server anymore, its more cluttered now... looking out for bzf.guleague.org at any port may help. Most of the players shifted their priority over to our league, which is still very active - after almost three years running. You'll see a lot of familiar names, so head over to http://www.guleague.org . ;)

Good to see you back,
Satu
dexter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dexter »

Saturos wrote:Heya, of course we remember you, IceDrake. :o

GU has no strong public server anymore, its more cluttered now... looking out for bzf.guleague.org at any port may help. Most of the players shifted their priority over to our league, which is still very active - after almost three years running. You'll see a lot of familiar names, so head over to http://www.guleague.org . ;)

Good to see you back,
Satu
Although in the past couple of weeks, bzf.bzflag.net:5154 and 5155 have seen a lot of activity. Sadly, it'll most likely just be a temporary thing.
Anyways, welcome back! (Even though we just met the other day :D)