Can I only let the server use bots?

Need help seting up a server, or have a question on how to run one? This is the place.
jpenguin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Can I only let the server use bots?

Post by jpenguin »

So, for a 2-team CTF, I want to have a bot for each team; other that that I don't want players to be able to use bots or auto pilot. Can I do that?
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

jpenguin
I think you can put the bots on, and /set _disableBots 1. I don't think it kicks them, but people won't be able to bring bots.

Remember though, lots of people hate bots, and they aren't really much fun to play with. (at least the current ones)
z[h]ero
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by z[h]ero »

me1 wrote: I think you can put the bots on, and /set _disableBots 1. I don't think it kicks them, but people won't be able to bring bots.
Affirmated
Wirth's law: "Software is getting slower more rapidly than hardware becomes faster."
anomaly
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by anomaly »

If you want "smarter" bots you can use Teppic's bot code. If you can compile the bzflag source that is. You can find the original patch here:
http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=7630
I have added this patch manually to versions up to 2.0.10 and it works fine. But as me1 said most people don't like bots. Especially the Teppic bots. I used to run one on some servers and it would occasionally have the high score!?!?