Screenshots and 2 team missile wars lag.

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
Delta Lead
Private First Class
Private First Class

Screenshots and 2 team missile wars lag.

Post by Delta Lead »

Is it normal to have over 100 screens of the same thing on the same server even thought i never press F5? I went into my screens to see why i was lagging and i found at least a hundred screenshots. Didn't really help. But it did give me like 5 GB's in computer memory back.

Is it a glitch or did something accidently happen? Just curious.

I also notice at around 9:00pm 3-7 times a week my computer lags so much at missile wars i get kicked. And it's right on the dot almost every day. Is it the server or is it me. Could also be just the time and amount of people, or my internet provider, "Timewarner Cable, and Roadrunner"
"This Is The Way The World Ends"

Im busy with life be back after 2008 ends.....
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

About the first issue, where a lot of screenshots of the same thing appear out of nowhere, does anyone know what could cause this in Windows XP SP2(?). This happened to me a little while ago also, though I just ignored it.
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Re: Screenshots and 2 team missile wars lag.

Post by Winny »

Delta Lead wrote:I also notice at around 9:00pm 3-7 times a week my computer lags so much at missile wars i get kicked
Chances are it's because that time is when your ISP is experiencing it's highest load level. There's not much you can do about this.

The other possibility is that something on your network may be accessing the internet, be it for updates, downloads, or something else.
z[h]ero
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Screenshots and 2 team missile wars lag.

Post by z[h]ero »

Are you using a laptop-keyboard? As on these keyboards the radar-keys (4 & 5) could be exactly next to the F5-screenshot key.
You could analyse your screenshot date/time, whether suddenly several screenshots are generated in a short time, or whether the screenshots are generated in randomly time-intervals.
Delta Lead wrote:I also notice at around 9:00pm 3-7 times a week my computer lags so much at missile wars i get kicked. And it's right on the dot almost every day. Is it the server or is it me.
Switch shortly to other servers when the same issue happens next time, to check there your lag. In order to detect whether the issue is your system or the server.
Wirth's law: "Software is getting slower more rapidly than hardware becomes faster."
Delta Lead
Private First Class
Private First Class

OK

Post by Delta Lead »

No i use a desktop computer with a tower. I was thinking about getting a laptop soon though.
"This Is The Way The World Ends"

Im busy with life be back after 2008 ends.....
Longhair
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Longhair »

You could try disabling the screenshot key in your config file. If you disabled it, and you're still getting screenshots piling up, that would eliminate the keypress possibilty.