SirIchBeenCool's "Fort Of Paranoia"

Previews and comments on future maps.
SirIchBeenCool
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: Out on the lacrosse field, taking names and getting phone numbers...

SirIchBeenCool's "Fort Of Paranoia"

Post by SirIchBeenCool »

Well this is the third map i have started on.
I need comments please!!
This is a red vs. blue, 2 team ctf.
It is stil being worked on so please do not tell me " It looks really open."
Remember: I need ideas for the secondary bases (look at screenies... The connected ones) for what to put in there.
I would like something simple please, but thank you for ideas if you give any.
Well feast your eyes.....

EDIT: Well attachment is too big.. dunno why.. but PM me if you want more screenies.
-Thanks All
-SirIchBeenCool
Attachments
fort_of_paranoia.bzw
This is the map file
"Fort Of Paranoia"
(8.64 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
bzfi0028.png
Map overview
(599.06 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
"Your happiness is not my happiness it is my misery"
~Feuer Frei~--Rammstein--
Girls are like phones. They love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected! -- LtKirby2007
Check out PWN@G3 plus! http://my.bzflag.org/league/index.php?l ... fo&id=1131&
Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: In a cardboard box, how I own a computer, I don't know.

Post by Easy Target »

Here's my 2 cents on the map

IT SUCKS!!!!!

lol jk...:P

I kinda like where you are going with it. Maybe you could add 2 gm towers in the middle of the field for playing purposes.

The "rico crash course" on the sides of the map would probably make you constantly commit suicide, so i don't know what you want to do with them.

The "X" in the middle with the upside-down pyramids kind of disrupts the game play a little bit...

I'm sure this map will turn out good once you add more stuff... Keep working on it!
Humor helps us to think out of the box. The average child laughs about 400 times per day, the average adult laughs only 15 times per day. What happened to the other 385 laughs?
SirIchBeenCool
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SirIchBeenCool »

Well Easy Target... Since i just started this really only #0 miins ago it should be bad... and the inverted triangles are supposed to do that... because geno is going to go up there and i want it hard to get and use....
Well still need ideas for this map... Thanks Though...

p.s. I think you gave at least a nickel... :lol:

i need these ...:idea-alt: not these.... :doh:
Girls are like phones. They love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected! -- LtKirby2007
Gabriel G
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Gabriel G »

Sorry, I think my brain is a bit slow right now. I can't think of anything to say, it looks moderate-decent. I can't wait to see the updated version, but for now I am, you could say squandered. I'll let you know more as my brain becomes more impelling, maybe I'm just wiped out :P.

By the way - I'm not saying this is a substandard map! It looks like it could have potential.
Use the Search and Edit buttons as your question may have already been answered/posted.

ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Since i just started this really only #0 miins ago it should be bad...
Well, first off it isn't bad. And if you ask people to critique your map, as you did in your starting post with red letters, expect people to point out things that come to their mind as you requested. No need to be defensive or think your map is terrible. People are just doing as you asked. ;)
I kinda like where you are going with it. Maybe you could add 2 gm towers in the middle of the field for playing purposes.
Why would this help playing purposes?
The "rico crash course" on the sides of the map would probably make you constantly commit suicide, so i don't know what you want to do with them.
Well, turn ricochet off if it's so bad. I think it would only be bad with Rapid Fire or Laser. Otherwise, sure, you might shoot yourself occasionally there, but some well thought-out shots would fix that.
The "X" in the middle with the upside-down pyramids kind of disrupts the game play a little bit...
I don't quite see how, unless I missed something and it's supposed to be a laser sniping map.

I personally like the look of it so far, especially with the chicane-like pattern at either side. The only thing that concerns me is the sizing, angling, and positioning of objects concerning jumping. If something is too small you will hop over it most of the time.

I look forward to an update!
SirIchBeenCool
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SirIchBeenCool »

A lot of new changes here.....
Spaces in corners are more filled, but stil are open.
I really an pleased with my work and i absolutely adore this map.
I hope a good sever can host this for me.
PM me if you want the map file...I will get back to you soon if you do this..
As i look now (and you can see in screenies) then map is somewhat open... but it is not super open... This is the map i am really pleased with and am very fortunate for this idea....Willing to make changes if you suggest so, but i will probally not post it if it is only a minor change.
Well thanks to all of you who have given me ideas for this map.
ALSO: I need someone to help me put the flags up, i do not now how to do this. This would be very nice for someone to help me with this. If you want to help plz contact me via private-messages. Thank you all and some screenies are posted for your enjoyment.

-Thanks
-SirIchBeenCool
Attachments
bzfi0032.png
Map Overveiw
(644.36 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
Gabriel G
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Gabriel G »

It looks great Sir!

I'm very pleased by the outcome and how you coped with it. I can't wait to play on it. There is a perfect amount of open space. You should be very pleased by yourself.

Again, Good job!
Use the Search and Edit buttons as your question may have already been answered/posted.

SirIchBeenCool
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SirIchBeenCool »

Fixed minor problems with map.... Also added a turret like thing for gm
Remember to PM me if you want the whole map or more screenies!
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

This looks like a very playable and fun map. I think it's ready to be released.

You say you need help with flags... what in particular? Rather than having somebody do it for you, it's as good a time now as ever to learn! Of course, I'll be glad to show you the code. Do you need flag zones for certain areas or just flags in general? Shot limits?
Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: In a cardboard box, how I own a computer, I don't know.

Post by Easy Target »

wow! it looks a lot better sirich, great job!
it looks a lot more playable... and a lot more fun than the 1st version.

great job!
Humor helps us to think out of the box. The average child laughs about 400 times per day, the average adult laughs only 15 times per day. What happened to the other 385 laughs?