Grouchy

Dodgeball 3.0

Post by Winny »

Here is my latest 2 team CTF map.

- Red Vs. Green
- Jumping
- Ricochet
- No flags

Screenshot attached below. (For some reason you can't see the green base, but it is indeed there.)

Any constructive comments welcome.

And also, just 'cause I could, I made this map in under 46 minutes.
Attachments
Dodgeball3.jpg
(373.61 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
Gabriel G
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Gabriel G »

Phew, looks very nice for something made under 46 minutes!

One of the only things I detect wrong with it is the name... I don't really get dodgeball. On the other hand, Ricochet works nicely with this map from what I can see. Some good opportunities.

A thought would be to make the bases on top of an object though, that way the jumping might be a little more useful. Otherwise, looking great!
Use the Search and Edit buttons as your question may have already been answered/posted.

ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

SkaterGOD/DOOD23 wrote: One of the only things I detect wrong with it is the name... I don't really get dodgeball. On the other hand, Ricochet works nicely with this map from what I can see. Some good opportunities.
Well, actually, the name fits so-so (not literally if you think of the game dodgeball) because of the openness of the map. Therefore, like in the game dodgeball, which if I'm not mistaken is typically played in an open area, you have to do a lot more dodging than jumping or hiding. Also, this is a continuation of a series of maps by that name, if I'm not mistaken.
SkaterGOD/DOOD23 wrote: A thought would be to make the bases on top of an object though, that way the jumping might be a little more useful. Otherwise, looking great!
I believe this was made in BZEdit, in which it does not show any difference between if the bases are flat, or if the bases are ten units high (or thick). Most likely the bases are not flat, but the program does not show the change in height (not positioning, size).

Map looks good. Perhaps it's just me, but there aren't as many ricochet possibilities in the middle or in opposite corners of the bases from what I can see. This isn't a must, it's just what a lot of people look for recently. I still haven't played on it (I need to). But, in my opinion, it looks very playable. Nice spacing for jumps and such.
Gabriel G
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Gabriel G »

Bleh, sorry, If I do make a map it will be in modeler (Lightwave3D). Where it will be exported into Wings3D and then .bzw, at which point (if it is CTF) I don't care about the bases because I either know/don't know they'll be above the ground.

You are not mistaken ducati, there are a continuation of maps by that name. Changing it to something else would most likely make it unique.
Use the Search and Edit buttons as your question may have already been answered/posted.

Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

SkaterGOD/DOOD23 wrote:You are not mistaken ducati, there are a continuation of maps by that name. Changing it to something else would most likely make it unique.
All the other Dodgeball maps are by me as well.

(Dodgeball-Style Server, Dodgeball 1, Dodgeball 2, etc..)
Gabriel G
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Gabriel G »

Ok then, that would make it somewhat different 8)

Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: In a cardboard box, how I own a computer, I don't know.

Post by Easy Target »

I like it.
It has good ricochet opportunities, and also a lot of open space to...DODGE!
It's really good for made under 47 minutes.
I cant wait for u to get it up and then I can play it.
Humor helps us to think out of the box. The average child laughs about 400 times per day, the average adult laughs only 15 times per day. What happened to the other 385 laughs?
Jack1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Jack1 »

Is this hosted somewhere?