silver surfers towering ctf

User made maps to use on servers.
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

silver surfers towering ctf

Post by silver surfer »

yeh um this thread is closed im makin a new updated thread...u shold see it on the list soon..
Attachments
Picture 19.png
(431.89 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Picture 21.png
(397.04 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
Picture 20.png
(484.61 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
Last edited by silver surfer on Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:29 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

There's no map file...?
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

wuts a map file... so this is my first map put up here :?
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

The map file is the file you post here so we can have a better look of the map. The BZW or the .txt file version of the map.

Looks really open..and really long.
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

i look at the forum under mine and looked at his post... then edited and put that information in my post.... did i do it right?
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

direct link... test it with ibzedit
Attachments
Silver_Surfers_Map.bzw
(14.58 KiB) Downloaded 272 times
Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: In a cardboard box, how I own a computer, I don't know.

Post by Easy Target »

Grace F: he just started, so of course it will be kinda empty.

- i really like where you are headed with this map. Looks fairly playable from what i see.

-hope to play it soon.

p.s. If you need any help with some of the coding (if its not that advanced) i am willing to help you :turtle: <===HEH its a turtle
Humor helps us to think out of the box. The average child laughs about 400 times per day, the average adult laughs only 15 times per day. What happened to the other 385 laughs?
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

F3AR wrote:Grace F: he just started, so of course it will be kinda empty.
Its in "Map Releases" not "Works in Progress" So Grace was right to say what she did.
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

silver surfer wrote:direct link... test it with ibzedit
It's best to test a map by running it through BZFS (BZFlag Server). That way you can get a better look at playability and where objects should/shouldn't go.

You might try reading the BZFlag Wiki on how to do that.

Like I said, it's a bit empty. The pyramids you have in the air, there is no way to get up there or even use them in fact. So they are pretty useless lol

A tank can approximately only jump 14BZUnits high, or maybe it's like 16BZU. I can't remember exactly.
ducktape wrote:
F3AR wrote:Grace F: he just started, so of course it will be kinda empty.
Its in "Map Releases" not "Works in Progress" So Grace was right to say what she did.
Thank you :)
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

Grace F wrote:A tank can approximately only jump 14BZUnits high, or maybe it's like 16BZU. I can't remember exactly.
IIRC, a tank can jump as high as the _gravity variable allows, which is 19 something units. However, at 19 units it's just barely possible to get up. 15 units or so is really about as high as you'll probably want to go. For reference, most of the blocks in the Babel map are 8 units high.
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

Ah well I was close.
Constitution wrote:IIRC, a tank can jump as high as the _gravity variable allows
"IIRC"?
dexter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dexter »

Grace F wrote:Ah well I was close.
Constitution wrote:IIRC, a tank can jump as high as the _gravity variable allows
"IIRC"?
Grace, it's short for "If I recall correctly"
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

marz helped me fix it up
Attachments
Silver_Surfers_Map[Updated].bzw
(15.59 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
Jefenry
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Jefenry »

Grace F wrote:The pyramids you have in the air, there is no way to get up there or even use them in fact. So they are pretty useless lol
Actually, you can get up there. If you go to the towers on the side, and through the teleporters to the top, you can jump onto the pyramids. I'm not sure what you'd do up there, but I guess you could admire the scenery. :P

Make sure you type in all the server variables exactly right. They seem to be pretty stringent about capitalization.

Code: Select all

-Set _mGunAdVel 5 = -set _mGunAdVel 5
-Set _jumpVeloCity 17 = -set _jumpVelocity 17
http://my.bzflag.org/w/Server_Variables has all the correct spellings.
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

ok im confused how do people make reallly cool advanced stuff on ibzedit... i mean like a pumpkin(lol its a pumpkin....)....or colored bases...
io
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by io »

this is advanced coding

there are editors (wings is the most common --> correct me if i m not right) with the "bzflag plugin"

Or you simple code with editor (my favorite cause after some time you get a feeling for the code :-))

Pumpkins are difficult to make, advanced map "stuff" needs time, and patient.

Hopefully this can help you :-)

Edit: Colored bases are not that difficult, look at the bzwiki ;-)
Marzipan

Why be normal when you can be yourself?

We dance because we can not fly

Legalize it!

I created a map, i just can't remeber because i were high.

bzflag.norang.ca
Openleague
Linuxratings
Soccer-Tournament
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

Marzipan wrote:this is advanced coding

there are editors (wings is the most common --> correct me if i m not right) with the "bzflag plugin"
I thought BZWTools was used most, Its a Blender to bzedit plugin. But correct me if i'm wrong.
CUPCAKE
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CUPCAKE »

The Pumpkin was made using Wings3D.
http://www.wings3d.com/
And then exported to a .bzw file.
F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by F687/s »

How do you get 17 posts in 1 day?

I downloaded your map and put it to the test. First of all, I commend your attempt at making a complete map in one file. However, some of your spelling is off, you misspelled -set, and you still didn't get rid of the acceleration warning.

The map itself isn't terribly bad. Very open, and there's nothing to encourage people toward migrating to the sides. There isn't much cover here, either, which is also bad with laser sniping.

The flags aren't that balanced, either. My main concern is Agility. Go up to the top of the tower, pull back, and jump forward. You can easily cover 3/4 of the map that way. Also, GM doesn't go that far, Laser is quite deadly, and there are still some kinks in the map.
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

guys i have added stuff to the map.... im having problems testing things... so once i fix it i will put it up.... and stop telling me its a bit empty.... i kno!!!
and idc abot my spelling.... wuts the acceleration warning... and i got 17 posts in 1 day cause ima pimp like that...duh! :roll: 8)
CUPCAKE
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CUPCAKE »

silver surfer wrote:guys i have added stuff to the map.... im having problems testing things... so once i fix it i will put it up.... and stop telling me its a bit empty.... i kno!!!
and idc abot my spelling.... wuts the acceleration warning... and i got 17 posts in 1 day cause ima pimp like that...duh! :roll: 8)
Oh wow...
You should be glad that people are trying to help by commenting that its a bit empty. Its good to know how the other people think of it.
Some of these things you should look up, it doesn't take too much time.
And you should care about your spelling. For those who don't speak all that much english, some of it looks like absolute gibberish.
You really shouldn't be proud of how many posts you can get in one day, too.
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

o :( and i was just kidding about the end comment... also i forgot that some ppl that play dont speak english
Gabriel G
Private First Class
Private First Class

Your map...

Post by Gabriel G »

1.) If you keep updating your map as more people post about it, then post it in the FIRST thread. That way people who come here don't have to scroll all the way down to see it. If you plan on keeping the screenshots, then update them too.

2.) People are trying to improve your map, do not be at them, for they're just trying to make it better for you.

3.) Your map needs a lot of editing, you absolutely NEED to get rid of the open space and fill it with... something. ALSO be a bit more creative and add some other stuff to the floors and other places. Maybe add some more "towers" to live up to the name silver surfer's towering CTF

4.) For God's sake, write in English!!!
Use the Search and Edit buttons as your question may have already been answered/posted.

silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

ok poll! who wants me to make another post with the new edited map... and delete this one...and ill speak completely english not computer language...(lol wtf etc... u kno)
say i vote yes or no... if i get 7 yesses ill make a new post if not... ill keep this one up =D.. ill probably make a new one anyways lol
Gabriel G
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Gabriel G »

silver surfer wrote:ok poll! who wants me to make another post with the new edited map... and delete this one...and ill speak completely english not computer language...(lol wtf etc... u kno)
say i vote yes or no... if i get 7 yesses ill make a new post if not... ill keep this one up =D.. ill probably make a new one anyways lol
I'm not asking you to make a whole new TOPIC, I'm just asking you to edit your thread accordingly so others don't have to scroll down their screen to see the updated version. You know you can edit posts, correct? Just go to your first post, click edit, and change it accordingly.

And I say "No" if this is a poll.... and just focus on writing in suitable English from now on.
Last edited by Gabriel G on Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Use the Search and Edit buttons as your question may have already been answered/posted.