cant spawn my team flags right....

Questions and answers about the how and why of making maps.
A Looney Kumquat
Private First Class
Private First Class

cant spawn my team flags right....

Post by A Looney Kumquat »

hey all- got a little team flag problem on my map...

I cant make my team flags spawn in the GFPITS (great flag protecter in the sky :D ) they just always spawn on the bases...... I have "safety 1 2 3 4" working right now- and with some pyramids on the bases sends em running for the GFPITS.... but that wont work to well if someone spawns right away with the flag, then BAAAAADDDD things could happen :wink:

but I've tried both "flag B* R* G* P*" and "zoneflag B*,1 R*,1 G*,1 P*,1"

neither work...help!
-ALK

OS Moment <"O""S" mo·ment>
1) Where one can see something bad about to happen, cant do a bloody thing about it, but still has time to say "Oh 5h!t!!!" 2) An action that makes all the surrounding people drop their jaw and say "Oh 5h!t...."
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Just a note, but zoneflag works like "zoneflag WG 1 G 3" versus "zoneflag WG,1 G,3". It uses spaces instead of commas.

I'm not quite clear what the problem is. You said the safety zones are working, so what exactly is the problem?
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Triumph of the Soul »

blast wrote:Just a note, but zoneflag works like "zoneflag WG 1 G 3" versus "zoneflag WG,1 G,3". It uses spaces instead of commas.

I'm not quite clear what the problem is. You said the safety zones are working, so what exactly is the problem?
What A Looney Kumquat is trying to do is make it so the flag starts out at a remote location, not unlike Tedius's "Snipers' Paradise". We looked at that map file and saw that Tedius used safety in his zones for the team flags.
Creator @: Duck or Die, Duck or Die CTF, Fuel Stack, Guernica, Normal, Frayed
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

L4m3r mentioned that using zoneflag with a single flag makes the teamflag appear at that zone. Here's a working example:

Code: Select all

base
  color 1
  size 10 10 1
  position 0 0 0
  rotation 0
end

zone
  position 100 100 0
  size 10 10 10
  zoneflag R*
end
The red flag appears within the zone instead of at the base.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Tedius
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Tedius »

blast speaks the truth. Get rid of the commas and you'll probably be all set. I was testing something else when I was messing with the safety option.

Don't forget to have -fb enabled so that your flags can spawn on boxes.
this signature intentionally left blank
A Looney Kumquat
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Looney Kumquat »

ah- its working great... FYI, blast, the safety ISNT working perfectly, because that requires a pyramid on the base to send the flag, not unlike jumping over a pyramid and dropping a teamflag to reset it, but in this case, it only works some of the time, I need something that works ALL of the time, and thanks to you three it now works beautifully! thx all!
-ALK

OS Moment <"O""S" mo·ment>
1) Where one can see something bad about to happen, cant do a bloody thing about it, but still has time to say "Oh 5h!t!!!" 2) An action that makes all the surrounding people drop their jaw and say "Oh 5h!t...."