an even more efficient tab complete

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
flight
Private First Class
Private First Class

an even more efficient tab complete

Post by flight »

it was mentioned by toaster a while back about a better way or a faster way to kick or ban people. i'm just adding to that old post about a possible tab complete. so far i have not learned much about programming and if something like that is possible, but i think it would be awsome to have callsign tab complete
example

#players
flight
blah
blahh

/b [tab] =/ban
fl[tab] =flight
then time and reason
i don't know, play around with the idea i guess. but any one who is administrating needs a better way to manage those funky callsigns.
thanks
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

We have callsign tab complete already, I used it the whole time I played the game but found out recently that it only worked for me because I had "Jump while typing" Off.

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
flight
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by flight »

well what do you know :P it does work. i guess i wasn't capitolizing the first letter (on those callsigns that are capitol) i didn't know caps had an effect. they don't seem to when you just use their name without the tab. well thanks CannonBallGuy!
Macrosoft
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Macrosoft »

tab complete isn't needed because admins can ban and such by using slot numbers (#0, #1, etc.)
gazz: A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern".
http://bash.org/?785529
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Macrosoft wrote:tab complete isn't needed because admins can ban and such by using slot numbers (#0, #1, etc.)
Tab complete isn't ONLY useful when doing bans. It is very useful in normal chat too, and Hidden admins don't see the slot numbers. Also, slot # bans can be dangerous. I've banned several wrong people by reading across and up (or down), or by just simply by fat fingering when in a hurry to get someone banned. That is a pain for then and you because they can't play and you have to track them down and apologize profusely, it's not pretty. ;)
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln