New Map.....kind of

Questions and answers about the how and why of making maps.
TheOneAndOnly
Private First Class
Private First Class

New Map.....kind of

Post by TheOneAndOnly »

i've got a Config file for my map, but there is one problem, i've put the config into notepad, it's just i don't know how to put NOTEPAD files into a thumbnail to put in my BZfolder, can someone help?!?!

And also, how do i put it on the Forum, (the file) how do you put downloads on your posts? please (when i get all this) could someone host i for me?
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

I'd be happy to host for you... Private Message me the map and your config file. You have to click "Add an attachment", then in the next window, click "Browse", add a comment if you like, then click "Add attachment" to finalize it. Repeat that for the other file. The same process applies here, although you have to click "Post reply" to see the attachment panel.
TheOneAndOnly
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by TheOneAndOnly »

thanks Constitution, but i don't know how to add the conf. file into my BZ files :oops: yeh, it's embarresing!
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

You don;t know how to move files on your operating system? Maybe you should learn a little more about computers...
Oh, and please don't double post, especially not to just make a correction. The "Edit" button is there for a reason.

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
charg
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by charg »

All you have to do is drag your conf file into the folder :D that simple.

-But Please remember that if your going to run your conf, as a server. That the path you put in the command prompt should match up to the folder that you drag the cnof into :wink:

I personally just drag my conf and map files into the c:drive then i can just type
-conf c:\conf.txt -world c:\world.bzw
Another way would also be to go into your conf file ----> save as----> bz folders name :D

goodluck
Make sure you get my new Map Editor!: http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?p=115526#115526
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

Yes, I'm happy to do what I can to provide hosting, but seriously... if you aren't capable of sending a map and config file to me in a PM, then you need to seriously think about whether you are capable of authoring a usable map and administrating the server properly.