Pac-man map v1.0

User made maps to use on servers.
Noad
Private First Class
Private First Class

Pac-man map v1.0

Post by Noad »

The sr map gave me the idea of doing a map that looks like pac-man.

Is it possible to increase the score of the one who capture the flag ?
If someone wants to host it that would be good.

Here is the map with some screenshots
Attachments
PacMan.bzw
The map
(70.3 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
bzflag1.jpg
(133.07 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
bzflag2.jpg
(207.73 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
bzflag3.jpg
(146.3 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
Noad
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Noad »

Here is 2 more screenshots
Attachments
bzflag4.jpg
(222.88 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
bzflag5.jpg
(206.99 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Now that's unique. There have been several pacman maps before, and while all capture the pacman effect, this one is like an uberpacman. :D very nicely done...
Red Cobra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Red Cobra »

Interesting. A work of art. I like it. Only problem would be that there would be a lot of mistake tking. People wuld shoot in the maze and the bullets would go everywhere in the maze unless you turned ricochet off :wink:
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

what if you turn shooting off and only can kill with SR? like real pacman! and how about there would be a plug-in to give one team SR for 2.5 min and then the other team SR for 2.5 minutes, then it would switch again, and again, and again.
Zelgadis
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zelgadis »

yes, dw is in right, really good map :)

Never seen such packman map before :P
Want to improve your skill? Join the http://guleague.org!
Noad
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Noad »

Here is some fixs in the options. Now it allows 1 rogue and the sw effect is shorter in time.

Strangely by activing the fb option the flags appear in the top of the boxes in all the flag zones even if the zone is 1 high.

If someone shoot he dies unless he has sw or thief, because the speed of the shoots is negative. If I turn off shooting, it won't be possible to shoot with thief or sw, then someone can camp on his flag with sr and noone would be able to kill him. Make the shoot speed negativ was the only solution I found.

Do every changes you want on this map. The sr plugin can be a good idea, so someone can add it.
Attachments
PacMan.bzw
(70.3 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Hosted!

Post by optic delusion »

I decided to put this map on the new mofo mapchange server.
MoFo.kicks-ass.net:4050

I wasnt sure what you were trying to accomplish with some of your variables, and removed them for now. We should be able to fix you up with what you want, including plugins, soon.
Woah, those cones are pretty tough to navigate around.
Physics drivers are very well worked out.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
Noad
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Noad »

Thanks for hosting it.
I wanted that only thief and shockwave can shoot, and the only way I found to do it is to make the shot speed negative, so noone else can shoot, if he shoot he die, yes I know it is a bit strange solution for making off shooting for all the weapon except thief and shockwave. Once someone take a bad flag he has to travel until the antidote flag while being a victim easier to kill for players with sr or sw. The bad flags are more numerous in the best flags zones.
I don't know how to add a plugin, why not to do 2 normal ctf then one team have sr during a while then switch, then 2 normal ctf, ... ?
Noad
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Noad »

Woah, those cones are pretty tough to navigate around.
Yes, but with tiny, narrow or wings, its a bit easier, there is some in the beginining of the cones field. The best flags are right in the middle of the cones field.
Noad
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Noad »

I saw that in the hosted map it misses the burrow flag zone around the bases. To enter to a base you need to take a burrow flag, I did it so to prevent people to camp at their base with sr. And arround the sw flags zone it misses the shield flag zone, it was here to help people to enter the sw flags zone if someone camp here with the sw flag.