Thief Strategy

Questions and comments on tactics and playstyles
Da Best
Private First Class
Private First Class

Thief Strategy

Post by Da Best »

There are a variety of ways to use thief I've found, AND THEY ARE NOT JUST STEALING FLAGS!!!!

Well, anyway, have you ever thought that thief is faster than most tanks? What if some tanks need to be caught? Such as BU (Burrow) I figure that crushing BU on MoFo and badgerkings with thief is very useful. It's easy to dodge with because of it's size and speed.

What Uses have you found for thief?
A Vicious Muffin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Vicious Muffin »

On ctf, one of the most useful things you can do with thief is to steal the opposing team's flag from one of your own teamates, if they are under attack, which they should be. This way the flag jumps from one side of the field to the other, and you can sometimes get away with a cap. I tried it out once on viper, and it worked great.
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

A Vicious Muffin wrote:On ctf, one of the most useful things you can do with thief is to steal the opposing team's flag from one of your own teamates, if they are under attack, which they should be.
Nice when it happens, but it's so hard to predict when you'll have a thief flag, and even harder to have one at just the right moment. It's easier on servers like silvercat, where a player with the thief flag is practically invulnerable to regular shots.
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by meeba »

Silvercat's TH (as well as the TH on my servers) is great, because it makes you small enough to let you see through boxes. :)

They are also great for running over BU tanks.
Da Best
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Da Best »

I think ill try out the CTF strategy, if i get a chance =)
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Triumph of the Soul »

A Vicious Muffin wrote:On ctf, one of the most useful things you can do with thief is to steal the opposing team's flag from one of your own teamates, if they are under attack, which they should be. This way the flag jumps from one side of the field to the other, and you can sometimes get away with a cap. I tried it out once on viper, and it worked great.
And what if your team mate survives the enemy encounter? You're in trouble then. Not many people accept this as a valid or wise strategy, and will view it as a hostile gesture most of the time.
Creator @: Duck or Die, Duck or Die CTF, Fuel Stack, Guernica, Normal, Frayed
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by meeba »

We have the m key, you know.
the enemy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by the enemy »

I've certainly used thief on mofo for killing BUs.

Sometimes thief is useful as a variant and harder-to-kill version of high speed, if you need to get from one end of the map to the other.

Sometimes people will go to all sorts of lengths to keep their flag from being stolen. Get them out of position and jumping, then just drop thief, and shoot them. Even if the reload time is longer than their jump, they won't always jump straight.
iceomega999
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: Extraterestrial outer universal deserted planetarium in Mississippi.

Post by iceomega999 »

another use is on ctf.when an enemy is about to cap your flag,steal it back.
Itachi considers your existence futile.
Except mine :D
A Vicious Muffin
Private First Class
Private First Class

I have forgotten to write this, but on mofo, what I like to do, is to head to an empty corner, and then look at what flags the jumping tanks have. Or the ones falling from the sky (wg). This is very useful for finding good flags you need/want.
Davy Jones
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Davy Jones »

I'm sorry muffin, i don't quite understand that, You go to an empty corner with thief? or just go there and see where the flags are on MoFo
Owner @ The Twin Towers
Admin @ The Two Boxes
Cop @ Army Of One
A Vicious Muffin
Private First Class
Private First Class

I go to a corner, bring up the scores, and look for good flags. Once I see one I like, I look for that person if he/she is jumping, or flying, or on my level, and then I steal their flag.