Idea for League (Not league)

Discussions about the various leagues
Jack1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Idea for League (Not league)

Post by Jack1 »

Hey, I was just thinking, and someone out there has probably thought of this before, but I haven't seen it yet, so here it is. I think to revamp league play, and have more matches / more activity in Leagues like we would all like to see, someone should organize a league with instead of many teams, two opposing teams, or factions. One could, for example, be red, and the other blue. They could each have an assigned color, and we could incorporate all maps, flags or no flags, into the league. The servers could have /map functions like in Openleague, and each teams scores could be listed at the top of the main page, realtime. This is just a suggestion from a minnow who doesn't know anything about c++ and has very few contacts, but has heard a lot of people complain about league play being "squelched out by the newbs on the public servers" so to speak. Comments? Questions? Constructive Critiscism? No flamming please. :D
EnderWiggin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by EnderWiggin »

Leagues are meant to have more than two teams. That is the point. Many players start a team with their friends to prove that they and their friends are better than you and yours.

But what you are talking about would be like a war. I think its a good, solid idea, and that there should be one "league" to start that up. That way there would be a league where everyone is assigned to a team when they join the league, and people wouldent have to worry about trying to find a team, or worrying about getting people to join theirs. It would be interesting, though if it were 4 teams instead of two, it would make for some interesting alliences and such.

But how would the two or four teams decide upon seniority, by when you join? That would make some of the better players who joined late not in a leadership/teaching role, where they belong. There would have to be a ranking system, ex. private, corporal, etc. or something like it, that would decide your rank, based on number of matches, caps, and kills.

Not shooting you down, just trying to add some constructive critiscism. :D
Jack1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Jack1 »

Good points, Spaniard, and I agree with all of them. If you're looking to make this sort of thing happen, you might have to get some pals to help you with the making of this. You may need to put or have someone else put out a little bit of cash to register the domain, ect.
EnderWiggin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by EnderWiggin »

Yeah, only thing is: I have no idea how to start a league. If there is anyone who likes this idea, who knows how to start the league, and is willing to own/opperate the league, please do. It will be so cool!