Elevators and other ways of transportation

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
DJ Atomica
Private First Class
Private First Class

Elevators and other ways of transportation

Post by DJ Atomica »

I was just wondering if it was possible to add some map object that made an elevator. Then you could have a real tank game :P no jumping but to get up to the top of a building, you ride the elevators. It doesn't have to be special, just like a block of land that goes up and down (that way no one can get stuck underneath :roll: ). No need for doors or anything, just a simple steel/concrete block that moves up and down.

How would it know when to go up or down? Maybe it could be timed. Maybe there could be a trigger. Maybe there could be a trigger on one end that would be pressed when everyone got on (basically just one person rides over this "zone") and that took them up. Then, it either is timed at the top or there is a sensor to know when everone got off to go back down. Or, there could be a button on the front of the elevator (like a welcome mat at a home) for someone to trigger the evelator to their position (whether on the bottom or top).

I'll have to make a 3d animation for you guys. It would just take mapmaking and general gameplay to a whole new level! Sorry about thinking BF2 for a bit but I do think it would make a good addition available. And it could only be a two level evelator (top and bottom).
DJ Atomica.........Scratching the records! :twisted:

Skype me! Skype name is "dj.atomica"!
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

It is not not possible to make moving meshes in BZFlag.

You CAN make a "elevator" with a physics driver, so when you drive onto it you shoot upward.
DJ Atomica
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by DJ Atomica »

Well, I suck at 3D modeling! LOL So no demo. But you can't make it move? Darn.
DJ Atomica.........Scratching the records! :twisted:

Skype me! Skype name is "dj.atomica"!
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

Well, Tim Riker and the other devs have said that they want the game to remain simple and they don't want anything that would seriously alter the gameplay (Even my Nintendo fanboy self can understand this...BZFlag isn't the kind of game that really needs to be seriously changed gameplay-wise.). 'Sides I think it would be more fun the way it is with unrealistic jumping tanks that shoot slow, glowing ping pong balls at each other to make their opponents explode than to have BZ become a slightly more realistic tank-sim with elevators.

In short, you can bet it's not going in.
MonsterMan++
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by MonsterMan++ »

I doubt it very much if any devs or Timmy himself want something that complicated.
Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
-George Carlin

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.
-George Carlin

Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.
-Yogi Berra

Better a broken promise than none at all.
-Mark Twain