My First Map - Amain

User made maps to use on servers.
smartkid
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by smartkid »

hummm, well beleave it or not im pretty good with phpbb, I have restored hacked forums before as long as the DataBase is in tact. Its not that hard just upload the phpbb files then edit config.php with the old db stuff.
~Sk
smartkid
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by smartkid »

updated map, fixed some teleports without links and added some walls

SEE First post
Last edited by smartkid on Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Sk
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

I was on the map earlier and I am quite impressed. I particularly like the use of teleporters. They seperate the areas nicely.

Also, you might want to provide file updates to the original post instead of added new posts/files. That way, people that visit the thread will always download the latest copy of the map. :)

Keep up the good work!
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

smartkid
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by smartkid »

good point about the updates...

I'v alwase loved game that have map editers, aka time slitters 2, tony hawk games, etc. But my biggest complaint with consle editers is the memory, it limits what you can do, even though you have space on a memory card it doesent let you use more than 15 blocks (or whatever the limit is).

I love things symetrical, why I dont know. I also like each person having there own team base instead of an open completely defenceless "heres my flag, come get it" base. With that said I liked the way gamersunite.de has that map where theres more than one way to get to each base, it is more of a challenge, so when I was making Amain I made it simular to gamersunite.de.

Right now im wondering what im going to do with the big room at the top, yes its there but I think it needs a purpose, or advantage, or something.

anyway, thanx,
smartkid
~Sk
Tanner
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tanner »

smartkid wrote:good point about the updates...

I'v alwase loved game that have map editers, aka time slitters 2, tony hawk games, etc. But my biggest complaint with consle editers is the memory, it limits what you can do, even though you have space on a memory card it doesent let you use more than 15 blocks (or whatever the limit is).

I love things symetrical, why I dont know. I also like each person having there own team base instead of an open completely defenceless "heres my flag, come get it" base. With that said I liked the way gamersunite.de has that map where theres more than one way to get to each base, it is more of a challenge, so when I was making Amain I made it simular to gamersunite.de.

Right now im wondering what im going to do with the big room at the top, yes its there but I think it needs a purpose, or advantage, or something.

anyway, thanx,
smartkid
The big room has a huge advantage. Thats why green team had 13 team points yesterday :D I don't think I can put it in words, so I'm making a diagram.

-Tanner
Attachments
amain_scret.jpg
Big Room Advantage
(421.21 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
Tanner - Segway HT i180 Red Owner - Random Map Creator - BZStocks - TS Software

smartkid
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by smartkid »

LOL true :P maybe I can make i a little more of a challenge.
~Sk