what are the group privs?

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Is a list like this what you mean? This may not be 100% complete, but it is relatively complete and is subject to change at the developers discretion at any time.

Permissions can be assigned to groups and individual players on a server. These permissions control what a player may do on the server.

<table><tr><td><b>Permission</b></td><td><b>Description</b></td></tr><tr><td>actionMessages</td><td>Allowed to use /me</td></tr><tr><td>adminMessageReceive</td><td>Player receives messages sent to the admin channel</td></tr><tr><td>adminMessageSend</td><td>Player may send messages to the admin channel</td></tr><tr><td>antiban</td><td>Player is immune to /ban</td></tr><tr><td>antideregister</td><td>Player cannot be deregistered with /deregister</td></tr><tr><td>antikick</td><td>Player is immune to /kick</td></tr><tr><td>antikill</td><td>Player is immune to /kill</td></tr><tr><td>antipoll</td><td>Player is immune to /poll</td></tr><tr><td>antipollban</td><td>Player is immune banning with /poll</td></tr><tr><td>antipollkick</td><td>Player is immune kicking with /poll</td></tr><tr><td>antipollkill</td><td>Player is immune killing with /poll</td></tr><tr><td>ban</td><td>Player may ban other players with /ban</td></tr><tr><td>banlist</td><td>Player may list active bans with /banlist</td></tr><tr><td>countdown</td><td>Player may issue /countdown</td></tr><tr><td>date</td><td>Player may query the date and time from the server with /date</td></tr><tr><td>endGame</td><td>Player may issue /endgame</td></tr><tr><td>flagHistory</td><td>Player allowed to use /flaghistory</td></tr><tr><td>flagMaster</td><td>Player allowed to use /flag give and /flag take</td></tr><tr><td>flagMod</td><td>Player allowed to use /flag</td></tr><tr><td>idlestats</td><td>Player allowed to use /idlestats</td></tr><tr><td>info</td><td/></tr><tr><td>kick</td><td>Player allowed to use /kick</td></tr><tr><td>kill</td><td>Player allowed to use /kill</td></tr><tr><td>lagwarn</td><td>Player may use /lagwarn to query or set lagwarn variable</td></tr><tr><td>listPerms</td><td/></tr><tr><td>masterban</td><td>Player may use /masterban</td></tr><tr><td>mute</td><td>Player may use /mute</td></tr><tr><td>playerList</td><td>Player may use /playerlist</td></tr><tr><td>poll</td><td>Player may use /poll</td></tr><tr><td>pollBan</td><td>Player may use /poll ban</td></tr><tr><td>pollFlagReset</td><td>Player may use /poll flagreset</td></tr><tr><td>pollKick</td><td>Player may use /poll kick</td></tr><tr><td>pollKill</td><td>Player may use /poll kill</td></tr><tr><td>pollSet</td><td>Player may use /poll set</td></tr><tr><td>privateMessage</td><td>Player may send private messages with '.'</td></tr><tr><td>record</td><td>Player may use /record</td></tr><tr><td>rejoin</td><td>Allows instant rejoin, regardless of _rejoinTime</td></tr><tr><td>removePerms</td><td>May remove permissions from players</td></tr><tr><td>replay</td><td>Player allowed to use /replay</td></tr><tr><td>requireIdentify</td><td>Registered callsigns must identify before they are allowed to spawn</td></tr><tr><td>say</td><td>Player allowed to use /say</td></tr><tr><td>sendHelp</td><td>Player allowed to use /sendhelp</td></tr><tr><td>setAll</td><td>Grants all set* perms</td></tr><tr><td>setPerms</td><td>May grant permissions to players</td></tr><tr><td>setVar</td><td>Player allowed ot use /set</td></tr><tr><td>shortBan</td><td>Allowed bans with limited durations only</td></tr><tr><td>showOthers</td><td>May use /showgroup on other callsigns</td></tr><tr><td>shutdownServer</td><td>Player allowed to use /shutdownserver</td></tr><tr><td>spawn</td><td>Join game as a player. Observers don't need this permission.</td></tr><tr><td>superkill</td><td>Player allowed to use /superkill</td></tr><tr><td>talk</td><td>Allows player to send messages.</td></tr><tr><td>unban</td><td>Player may use /unban</td></tr><tr><td>unmute</td><td>Player may use /unban</td></tr><tr><td>veto</td><td>Player may use /veto</td></tr><tr><td>viewReports</td><td>Player may use /viewreports</td></tr><tr><td>vote</td><td>Player may use /vote</td></tr></table>
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

donny_baker
thank you!!! thats all i wanted. still confused on the "admin:*mofo.cop" thing
temporal distraction
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by temporal distraction »

My answer was a response to your post:
A Heart Attack wrote:yea. when i go on my server using my internal ip, im not registered and there are no groupperms... any help w/ that?
I outlined a method of using local groups to assign permission levels, while still using global groups for network players.
A Heart Attack wrote:still confused on the "admin:*mofo.cop" thing
It's an inherited permission group. I've set LOCAL.COP to have most of the perms - I want the global group MOFO.COP to have the same level of perms, so I use MOFO.COP:*LOCAL.COP (where the * references a previously defined group). Same thing for ADMIN and MOFO.ADMIN

I have my own groups that I am not using yet so I could just add ATD.COP:*LOCAL.COP and ATD.ADMIN:*ADMIN to these groups and be permissions would follow the groups.

It's not necessary to use groups this way, just possible.
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

also, im using global groups, so does it automatically refer to the group database here or do i have to put something in my conf.

ATD:
could i just put "heart.admin" in the grouppermisions file? or do i have to do the local.cop and admin thing?

And could someone put that list in capitals and next to each other like: SAY TALK VOTE LISTPERMS FLAGMOD FLAGMASTER etc - im too lazy to do it myself
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

ATD, can i? (someone else can anser too)

and do i need to put something in the conf because im using global groups?
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

A Heart Attack wrote:and do i need to put something in the conf because im using global groups?
You need to use -groupdb and -userdb. Other than that, it knows. ;)
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

A Meteorite wrote:
A Heart Attack wrote:and do i need to put something in the conf because im using global groups?
You need to use -groupdb and -userdb. Other than that, it knows. ;)
whats userdb? i know what groupdb is
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

Userdb is if you want to give people anything other than the standard given privs
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

like... (still lost on userdb)
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

Win Xp wrote:Userdb is if you want to give people anything other than the standard given privs
IIRC, you need it for global groups anyways. That way it knows which group goes to which player, such as "Meteorite.Admin" is set to me.
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

if i put "-userbd" in the conf do i need to make a file. if so what do i put in it (still konfused)