MOFO.LEAGUE

Discussions about the various leagues
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

MOFO.LEAGUE

Post by optic delusion »

Last April, I received ownership of the MOFO.League group.
This was for usage with the RaceToSeven plugin.

The league took off early, maybe too early, and peaked at 79 players.
...But it never quite made it into the bigtime.

This is to inform those who joined that the group is officially closing, for now. All names will be removed.
The Planet MoFo server group hopes to resurrect it in the future, for use in CTF games
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
LanDing
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by LanDing »

is this happening now AD??
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Forums: Yes - League: Not Yet

Post by optic delusion »

Some forum functions are now available at http://www.planet-mofo.com/
These were provided by QuickTim

RPG is working diligently on the league functions, but is currently a bit under the weather. Some test teams have been created and we have very short games, but it's not close to release at this time. Two weeks minimum, and then only the most basic functions, is my guess. It could be awhile longer, on the old league, the biggest problem was confusion getting players to join the correct team, I'd constantly have to say, "you go green, and you go red.", and we're working on a solution to that.
It's tough to be super-serious about this because everything might change when the next BZFlag release occurs, and the closer that gets, the more it seems working on the current API version will be for naught. A league plugin is a ton more work than most of the others, and auto-reporting matches to the site may mean the site needs to be changed at the next release, as well.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
LanDing
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by LanDing »

thanks for explaning it all
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

I said two weks minimum, it was a month plus two days.

A recompile of the racetoseven plugin has been completed, The server has been readied. The Website has been prepared for automatic match reporting. MoFo League matches will soon begin. No "official" notification will be given at this time. When we're ready, We'll make a bigger announcement than this one.
http://www.planet-mofo.com/