Signing On

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
a pessimistic clam
Private
Private

Signing On

Post by a pessimistic clam »

I have absolutley no idea how you "identify yourself before playing" I can't play anywhere and it sucks.
^nightmare^
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ^nightmare^ »

Its probably because before you came to the forum, you had a different password. Make sure you /identify yourself with old password (only applies for maps you /registered on).
Need bzflag help? Try looking here: http://www.freewebs.com/bznightmare/map ... aghelp.htm
temporal distraction
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Signing On

Post by temporal distraction »

I think we should never tell folks to use "/identify" - it sends passwords in the clear and they get logged on the servers.

The password (same as this forum pass) should be entered into the client only. The player will get a token from bzflag.org that will automatically ID them to the server.

Even if someone has "/registered" with the server locally, they can use this forum password in thier client and it will ID them correctly. They don't need to "/identify" locally. Only if they've used a different password on that server do they need to either "/deregister" thier callsign there (or get an admin to do it)

If for some reason you MUST use "/identify" on a server DON'T use the same that was used for these forums - big security hole!
a pessimistic clam wrote:I have absolutley no idea how you "identify yourself before playing" I can't play anywhere and it sucks.
Since you can login here to post messages, you are registered. Put the same password you used for this forum in the password section of your client. It will do the rest.
Soraya
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Soraya »

if you have /registered on servers manually, u'll want to log into those, then type /deregister "password". that way, you will log on globally, with your global account rather than on each individual server.