Robots

Questions and answers about the how and why of making maps.
im fine u?
Private First Class
Private First Class

Robots

Post by im fine u? »

I've used bots in my server before and they are dum. I have been to other servers, and the admins have bots that can jump and even carry flags. How?

Help is greatly appreciated.

Owner at: Gnurdux's servers

Admin at: (DVN)'s server
tankzilla's server
A Heart Attack's server
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

They probably leave a client with a random name or something on autopilot. I think the default key for autopilot is 9. If you allow bots at your server these guys will pick up flags, capture (If the bases are on the ground. If they are in the air that leads to problems with the very tiny bot brains), shoot better, etc.
^nightmare^
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ^nightmare^ »

I think Teppic actually made bots that have random names and that can pick up flags and stuff. But i dont think they capture flags.
Need bzflag help? Try looking here: http://www.freewebs.com/bznightmare/map ... aghelp.htm
im fine u?
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by im fine u? »

Well, there was one server I was in, Teppic, that did have bots with random names, but all of them had "bot" at the end of their names. This leads me to beileve that, maybe some client was used by him. But I want to know where to get this client. It would be nice if Teppic actually answered this question.

Owner at: Gnurdux's servers

Admin at: (DVN)'s server
tankzilla's server
A Heart Attack's server
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

im fine u? wrote:Well, there was one server I was in, Teppic, that did have bots with random names, but all of them had "bot" at the end of their names. This leads me to beileve that, maybe some client was used by him. But I want to know where to get this client. It would be nice if Teppic actually answered this question.

in all the email slots of the bots he puts "Tepp-Bot"

if anyone can find this client or script, I would also like it
person1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Simple?

Post by person1 »

Can't they just open a bzflag client and have it run on outpilot?
I not just any person, I am person1
Teppic
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Teppic »

im fine u? wrote:Well, there was one server I was in, Teppic, that did have bots with random names, but all of them had "bot" at the end of their names. This leads me to beileve that, maybe some client was used by him. But I want to know where to get this client. It would be nice if Teppic actually answered this question.
There is a modified client that runs my bots, but until version 2.0.5 goes stable (becomes 2.0.6??) there is no guaruntee any patch will work, and the ammount of stuff I 'worked around' for the 2.0.4 patch means your never gonna see that!
Obviously there is nothing to stop you applying the patch by hand, if you can. PM me if you want it.