max connection per ip limit?

Questions, comments, and news on the server side plug-ins and it's API
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

max connection per ip limit?

Post by dango »

sometimes people add in 10 clients on the same ip and that gets annoying, i have an idea for a max connections limit set my /set _maxConnLimit # and to allow more connections /set _allowMoreConn <ip>

just an idea
Ice Wewe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: max connection per ip limit?

Post by Ice Wewe »

me1 wrote:sometimes people add in 10 clients on the same ip and that gets annoying, i have an idea for a max connections limit set my /set _maxConnLimit # and to allow more connections /set _allowMoreConn <ip>

just an idea

What happens when a bunch of bored kids try to log on from a school, and you have this limit set. There are going to be some very mad kids...
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

Ice Wewe wrote:
me1 wrote:sometimes people add in 10 clients on the same ip and that gets annoying, i have an idea for a max connections limit set my /set _maxConnLimit # and to allow more connections /set _allowMoreConn <ip>

just an idea

What happens when a bunch of bored kids try to log on from a school, and you have this limit set. There are going to be some very mad kids...
duh... one kid could say "some kids in our school are playing bzfalg under the same LAN, could you allow them to play too?"
Matt?
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Matt? »

why would more than one client per ip matter? if someone has a good enough connection 10 players would be perfectly fine....
Matt?
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Matt? »

me1 wrote:
Ice Wewe wrote:

just an idea

duh... one kid could say "some kids in our school are playing bzfalg under the same LAN, could you allow them to play too?"
some times there is no admin on a server.

also at my school...dunno if all do.....but there is a firewall set so that the only server's you can find are the local ones.
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

cuz some idiot arived at a server once and put up 5 clients for the same ip and was annoying all the admins
Matt?
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Matt? »

ok...i know it does get anoying but just kick him and if u do that all of his bot's leave
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

it was 5 clients and they kept rejoining
Matt?
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Matt? »

ahhh ok i get it now....sry i was confused :S.......
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by The Red Baron »

Ice Wewe wrote:

just an idea

with gigantic list of servers.... They can very easily find another server to play on....
Beware! I'm going to clone myself and spread those clones all over the world!
JPT
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by JPT »

I would advice to limit it to 3 or 2.
There are very much home networks with DSL connection.
And if there is a BZFlag party, they choose one server, they like. And if only 1 of 3 is able to play, the fun is away.
You just have to disable bots on your server.
Matt?
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Matt? »

JPT wrote:I would advice to limit it to 3 or 2.
There are very much home networks with DSL connection.
And if there is a BZFlag party, they choose one server, they like. And if only 1 of 3 is able to play, the fun is away.
You just have to disable bots on your server.
if someone is having a bzflag party the funnest thin to do is staryt a private server to play. that way u can talk smack to the people u know and not get killed by expert's