Connecting to a server...problems >.>

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
Ice Drake
Private First Class
Private First Class

Connecting to a server...problems >.>

Post by Ice Drake »

Well, i seem to be having trouble with connecting to one of my fav. servers.. it's Rambo's Pillbox (80.129.57.17:5154). It's ONLY that server though >.> I mean, it's not full when I try to join (I check the little statistics) and it just always sends me the message "Error when connecting to server' but no other server does this to me.. why? I kinda want to get back on for some good ol' pillboxing :cry: can anyone help me by chance? I'm running Windows XP and I have the 2.0.2 version of the game, any help would be great!

~Ice :twisted:

[Edit]
Ok, it seems that any server with the port 5154 isn't working for me...wonder why? I'm really no good with computers so if someone could help that'd be great...
Oldie.
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

Do you have a firewall or router?
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
Ice Drake
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ice Drake »

I tried turning my firewall off but to no avail, as for a router I'm not entirely sure what that is..
Oldie.
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

A router is a device used to allow multiple computers internet access at the same time. Do you have multiple computers with internet?
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Ice Drake
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ice Drake »

Err back sorry, had a little vacation thing to go on, no router.. I'm just on a single computer in the house using a cable connection with a modem, nothing special about the computer/connection..I don't really know how to do anything to either so they stay as they came :?
Oldie.
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

Ok, that makes it easier then. :) Have you opened your firewall with port 5154? Make sure you open it for tcp and udp. If you don't do both it won't work.
Ice Drake wrote:I tried turning my firewall off but to no avail, as for a router I'm not entirely sure what that is..
Turning off your firewall can be dangerous. If you're directly hooked up to the internet, you're allowing trojans, viruses, and hackers in! For the sake of your computer, just open the ports you need. :)
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN