Has Bzflag grown too big??

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Has Bzflag grown too big??

Post by Hannibal »

Im not saying it has, just throwing the idea to the sharks(you) but i think that there is a lack of intimacy(not sexual, just closeness) between players, at least IME in my experience
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

Well, this is an internet game, you really don't know who anyone else is, therefore do you really want intimacy?
M1A2AbramsTank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by M1A2AbramsTank »

All I can say is no. Based on other internet games I've played, just be glad MiniClip or MoFunZone hasn't put BZFlag on their sites, then it would be a fricking noob overrun game! I can give you an example, I'm a paying member on the game Runescape and there are way too many noobs with bad additudes and beg for stuff. Consider yourselves lucky.
I'm baaaaaaaaack!
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

RPG wrote:Well, this is an internet game, you really don't know who anyone else is, therefore do you really want intimacy?
good point

i too play runescape, and yes, there are too many noobs on there

i suddnly forgot why i posted this topic, i guess i was bored
ImageImage
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: Has Bzflag grown too big??

Post by The Red Baron »

Phalanx wrote:Im not saying it has, just throwing the idea to the sharks(you) but i think that there is a lack of intimacy(not sexual, just closeness) between players, at least IME in my experience
How long have you played bzflag? I've played it for a while. A long while. And yes I've seen it go from small to big. At times I thought too big, but the game has adapted well. I believe it will continue to adapt to allow it to grow bigger.
Beware! I'm going to clone myself and spread those clones all over the world!
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

i have been playing for about a year and a half, i started around christmas '03, and yes, i remember that then, if there were 10 ppl on a server it was alot. now, 10 is not all that unusall
ImageImage
birdie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by birdie »

its not that big if you compare it to other games...

for examples there are times on the day hardly people are on :(

on other games there are always much people on :)

and we have only 3000 users on bzbb, thats not that much..
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by The Red Baron »

Phalanx wrote:i have been playing for about a year and a half, i started around christmas '03, and yes, i remember that then, if there were 10 ppl on a server it was alot. now, 10 is not all that unusall
I've been playing since then and before that. 10 people on a server is/was not alot "back then" In Dec of 03 I started my ducati team. Ducati and the league was reaching its peak activity. Ducati was full regularly, and the obs slots were full, and the match servers had matches going quite regulary and people observering them. Bzflag was big back then too. Secret place had come up to replace turkeymoon group. Hepcat/pillbox (the original) was soon to start (i was an admin there). so yes, bzflag was big back then, its grown some since then. But back then we had a massive influx of new players (from 03-04)
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

i lose

Post by Hannibal »

OK, i lose this battle, you guys win, dont know why i brought it up anyways
ImageImage
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: i lose

Post by The Red Baron »

Phalanx wrote:OK, i lose this battle, you guys win, dont know why i brought it up anyways
no no no, this wasn't a battle, not the point. just merely a correcting of views and outlooks. This wasn't a point of win or lose.
Lan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lan »

Speaking of the older days, I remember when Freedomlives was "the place." It is interesting to see what servers are the top ones and see them fade away too and be replaced as it is interesting to wonder why some explode with popularity and others never make it.
BIYA
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BIYA »

I've noticed most of the Wings servers starting to pop up then fall away into the darkness, just like Nader's server. I Loved that place but noone was ever on it anymore, :(

Post by Guest »

Yeah. When I first started GU was not often near the top and the one time I played it I found it too hard. I would play a lot on a server buy some guy called skater3000 or something, which had a big ring on the ground, with steps and a tele going up to the top where there was a big X with a base at each end. You could get awesome ricos by shooting laser from the top, through the tele to the bottom, into the ring...
But I never see that server anymore. A few weeks after I first tried GU and found it hard, it wasn't there anymore, I thought it had gone... but now it is back and is very often at the top of the list, it also has its own league.
And now I play GU more than all the other servers I play, put together. :)
Saturos
Art Master General
Art Master General

Post by Saturos »

GU is one of the top-servers for over 14 months now... O_o
So when did you try it first?
birdie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by birdie »

some months ago i wanted 2 maps back

babels map -> yay for hepcat putting that one up

and rufus his map, oh i so loved that one, i dunno if the server named rufus or the map..to long time ago but if any one knows and wants to put it up...you would make me happy :)

Post by Guest »

birdie
There is a player called rufus... Might have been his (her?) server.
And yes. babel rules. It's far better than Overlord.

Saturos: I believe I have been playing for almost 12 months now...
But I defiantly remember the first or second time I logged onto bz, I found a server with the Hix map, but I kept dying and left. Then a week or two later looked for it and couldn't find it... But, that does not matter. What does is that it is always at the top now and the league is doing great. :D
Gerbil
Private First Class
Private First Class

Why? Why? Why!?

Post by Gerbil »

Why do you all keep calling it a GAME? It's REAL--it is I tell you!
Politically correct BZ: A kinder, gentler Guided Missile.