New league created. Planet MoFo CTF League

Discussions about the various leagues
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

New league created. Planet MoFo CTF League

Post by optic delusion »

Thanks to menotume's league scripts, and a helping hand from RPG, and 0_0_0, a new league has been created.

The Planet MoFo league.
League gameserver is A-Delusion.no-ip.org NOT the regular MoFo server. It'll be the "Passion of the Flag Capture" map, 8 shot, lots of good flags, fast wild action.
League website has been running less than a day, maybe a bit early to announce, but here it is.
http://a-delusion.com

I've already got 24 players on five teams together from Planet MoFo and Meteorite's servers. There have been several unofficial matches, none official yet.
League membership is way open right now. GET YOURSELF IN!

I have one question, I'd like to go with a "race to seven captures" format.
Can I change the way team score is kept, so the first team to seven captures is declared winner?

Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
LanDing
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by LanDing »

This is a fun league on a fun map

We need more peeps

Come play
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Race to seven days.

Post by optic delusion »

II had twenty four players signed up, before I decided to really go for it.
Seven days later we have forty.

Stiill very new and working things out. Policy changes happen almost daily. I'm Working extremely hard at it.

We're trying to write a script to parse server messages and create a race to seven flag capture format. We have made some progress, but it's at least a week away....
For now I'm manually keeping score. Games come in around twenty minutes.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
iced
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by iced »

keep getting the token error message when I try to register...
Saturos
Art Master General
Art Master General

Post by Saturos »

I will hurry to get it finished... O_o
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

iced wrote:keep getting the token error message when I try to register...
the site is not accepting new members ever since 1:40 before you posted this

MoFo leauge news wrote:2005-07-10 03:12:00 By: a-delusion
I'm extremely sorry, But we are not currently accepting new players.
This website is two weeks and two days old. The admins need a break,
Please come back soon. This policy will be removed at some point in the future
iced
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by iced »

Stupid... why it doesnt take admins to register players

Post by Guest »

iced: It should work...
But we are all over-worked right now...
The league was created for all the Mofo regulars, because it seems that there a is a group of players who play Mofo everyday whilst most others never play at all. Its quite definitive and the league is for the regulars.
If you really want to join, play on the mofo servers to get used to the map, meet some of the players and in a week or so you can join the league site and really get stuck in! :)
Sir_Pants
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sir_Pants »

the league site won't accept any more players for the moment until we can catch up with some of our projects that we need to finish before more players join, if you really want to join contact one of the admins off the league site and they may or may not create you an account

edit: I'm talking about the league admins off of http://www.a-delusion.com
MONKEYPANTS.COM
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

Actually, you CAN technically register. But to register, you must meet this criteria:

1. You must be part of the MoFo.league group on this board. Ask A-Delusion to add you to it.
2. Well, (duh!), you gotta be registered here

Then you go to the league registration page, get a token using your board username and password, (note: If you can play BZFlag while globally registeered, then you can get this token). A sample token looks like this: 178038244. When you get your token, copy and paste it into the "token" field on the registration form. Then fill out everything else.

NOTE: If there is an error filling out your form, such as you forgot to fill out a field, and still clicked submit, you WILL see the token error message. You must get a new token every time you click submit

Once the entire form is filled out and you have a fresh token, go ahead and click "submit". If you are in the MoFo.league group on this board, and have a valid token, then you will be able to register! Common pitfalls are:

1. The player has to be registereing with the name that he/she has on BZBB. Same capilitazation too, I think.
2. The person registering cannot wait more than 10 minutes I think from the time he gets the token to the time he hits submit.
3. If there is an error in the registration process (i.e. the form didn't validate), the user will be redirected to the registration page to fix the error, but the token will have already expired, even though it would be placed in the "token" field. The user must get a new token. I know, it doesn't make sense, but that's the way it goes.
4. The user doesn't realize that he has to be in the mofo.league group.
[RAR]Slimchi
Private
Private

MOFO League

Post by [RAR]Slimchi »

A-Delusion

I friend of mine, LanDing, asked me to join your league. What are the steps.

Thanks for you help

Re: MOFO League

Post by Guest »

[RAR]Slimchi wrote:A-Delusion

I friend of mine, LanDing, asked me to join your league. What are the steps.

Thanks for you help
Ah, LanDing, what a guy! ;)

Simple enough to join, just go to www.a-delusion.com :)