Monopoly board

Previews and comments on future maps.
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

There ya go - the perfect plugin to match the map - a plugin that, essentially, IS a game of monopoly.

I'm doing some looking around... here are some sample monopoly boards, as well as some sppfs I found.

I suck at making maps - but for starters, I think there should be teleporters that take you from railroad to railroad.

Perhaps you might have to teleport in to the center, and have a wall up so you have to actually drive around the long, winding board.

On Chance, there can be a teleporter that takes you to the chance deck, and likewise for community chest. Go to jail is a one way teleport back the "jail", which, among other idea - can be a huge "cell" that is (intentionally) a pain in the neck to get out of, AT LEAST.

Perhaps we can get a plugin that assigns a flag to be at a certain place at all times... I know a flag has to be dropped for it to spawn anywhere... (or can a plugin eventually "create" flags in the future?" That way, we can teleport someone, one way, into the jail cell and they cant get out until the obesity flag goes away so they can get the (clearly marked?) narrow flag to get out.

Or, in the jail - if we can get a flag spawn plugin - you know how you roll dice to get out of jail? Well, how about we scatter the jail flor with both narrow AND obese flags. We can change the obese size via a /set command,s o we can do it. Make the bad flag time a little long, like 8 seconds or so... ( 10? ) so its 50/50 they'll get narrow.

I also happen to know different plugins can trigger differnt bzflag sounds upon trigger events. Getting Obese can set off the laughter from when you team flag gets captured.

Have the "Just visiting" area be safe passage from conneticut ave to st. charles place. Have a slip just barely big enough for narrow to pass through on both corners on the just visiting abd the corner of the jail that touches the inside of the map.

As far as images for testures - we might have to get Saturos, unless osmeone can find high quality, fairly largepres-existing .gifs laying around out there somewhere.

The center, where the big "monopoly" word id - we might can make tha boxes in a manner like it is on the top of the forum pages, where the tanks are on top of boxes spelling out

"B Z F L A G"

and they're fighting it out... do monopoly like that....

maybe chance and community chest can be inside one of those super duper defence boxes, where you get inside of it from a teleporter on the chance of community chest boxes.. and you can leave the box but not go in it...

Make it where you can burrow in the center only...

OK, that all I have for now
...This has been a recording.
AlliedArmour
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by AlliedArmour »

Intersting ideas IDO. You can actually set zones for flags, tanks, and team flags to spawn on. That's how in my jail Obesity will always be inside it.
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

all good ideas
I_Died_Once wrote: On Chance, there can be a teleporter that takes you to the chance deck, and likewise for community chest. Go to jail is a one way teleport back the "jail", which, among other idea - can be a huge "cell" that is (intentionally) a pain in the neck to get out of, AT LEAST.
I_Died_Once wrote:Or, in the jail - if we can get a flag spawn plugin - you know how you roll dice to get out of jail? Well, how about we scatter the jail flor with both narrow AND obese flags. We can change the obese size via a /set command,s o we can do it. Make the bad flag time a little long, like 8 seconds or so... ( 10? ) so its 50/50 they'll get narrow.
already a pain in the neck to get out :) ten seconds bad flag 50 obese and 25 narrow :twisted:

will do