Statistics for BZFlag server?

External websites, for and about BZFlag
1veedo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Statistics for BZFlag server?

Post by 1veedo »

I've seen a couple sites that have tyhe server list and info about each one. Similar to the regular one at my.bzflag.org.

I'm interested in writing a script that will gather stats abotu my server so I can later look and see how buisy it is, etc.

Can anybdoy point in the correct direction? What all can I gather abotu a server?
1veedo (libcurl.so.2) I have version 3!
wegstar
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by wegstar »

You can find a php script- "bzlist.php" in the bzflag source tree under /misc, that would gather stats about a server and output it in a formatted page...
There are also some perl scripts and a python script, which I am not familiar with, but may probably have the same function as of "bzlist.php".
Formerly "nader"
---
Microsoft broke Volkswagen's world record: Volkswagen only made 22 million bugs!
-----
"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will pee on your computer." -- Bruce Graham
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

Maybe I'll try that and post the results.
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

Doesn't work TOO well. The list is fine, but you can't get the fine details of each server. Experiment here:

http://www.garrettsites.net/bzlist.php
wegstar
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by wegstar »

Try the python script then... It seems to be able to get all the nitty-gritty details about a server...
Formerly "nader"
---
Microsoft broke Volkswagen's world record: Volkswagen only made 22 million bugs!
-----
"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will pee on your computer." -- Bruce Graham
1veedo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by 1veedo »

Yeah, I was fiddling with both files earlier.

Doesn't seem to work defaulty. In the source there was a couple places where it looked like things needed to be filled in, spicifically, a location to gather information. When I find some free time I'll look around the file more closely and find out what its supposed to be doing.
1veedo (libcurl.so.2) I have version 3!