Flags carriers

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
Burned Account -CNG-
Private First Class
Private First Class

Flags carriers

Post by Burned Account -CNG- »

this happens to me when im on big servers like Gu with more then 10 players. When someone graves my teamflag i have sound on so i listen to the siren then try to see in score board who has my flag. but when there are around 20 players its hard to see what player or what team has my flag (on score board) the msg that displays on the screen goes away too fast.
So could we have a option to Underline the flag carriers with whatever team flag they have?
Do not enable this account with out admin aproval
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by The Red Baron »

Agreed Carn. I had another similar idea, but i never lobbied it.

We have an Alert sound for when the enemy picks the flag up, and when a teamates picks an enemy, But we have no "all Clear" sound, as in when the enemy drops your flag from being fragged, or when your teamate picks your flag up to take it to safety.
Beware! I'm going to clone myself and spread those clones all over the world!
toaster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by toaster »

Gee, I sort of like and depend on the confusion about the flag carriers to help get away with the flags. It's part of the fun. It's bad enough that the team flag gets colored on radar.
-toaster
"So there I was, all alone, facing all of the enemy. I started driving in circles, until I had them surrounded, and then I escaped in the confusion."
BIYA
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BIYA »

We need a big arrow ontop of the flag carrier...
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by The Red Baron »

toaster wrote:It's part of the fun. It's bad enough that the team flag gets colored on radar.
I seriously hope that was in jest....
Beware! I'm going to clone myself and spread those clones all over the world!
SilverFox
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SilverFox »

How about an option you could put in the config for "CTF Autohunt" which would automatically put ANYONE carrying a team flag on hunt, and remove them when they drop the flag?
Kill Joy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Kill Joy »

or hide all players except the one carrying team flags on the score list. maybe that could be an option
Not even I can control my mind.

Post by Guest »

SilverFox wrote:How about an option you could put in the config for "CTF Autohunt" which would automatically put ANYONE carrying a team flag on hunt, and remove them when they drop the flag?
Yet again, I beckon SilverFox's idea. A configuration option lets the server operator decide. A variety of servers with a bigger variety of game modes only adds to the charm of the game.
Glassjaw
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Glassjaw »

SilverFox wrote:How about an option you could put in the config for "CTF Autohunt" which would automatically put ANYONE carrying a team flag on hunt, and remove them when they drop the flag?
ow yes, that would be perfect
toaster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by toaster »

The Red Baron wrote:
toaster wrote:It's part of the fun. It's bad enough that the team flag gets colored on radar.
I seriously hope that was in jest....
Yes, jest, but the radar does make it rather easy to find the team flag carriers.

I was serious about the scoreboard thing, though. The scoreboard already does color for the team flag carrier, so it's really pretty easy to see people carrying around opponents's flags, because the line has two colors in it. A red player name with a green team flag behind it, for example.

But maybe it makes sense for id'ing people on your team carrying your team flag.
-toaster
"So there I was, all alone, facing all of the enemy. I started driving in circles, until I had them surrounded, and then I escaped in the confusion."
carerra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by carerra »

How about if the teals flag pulses like it is with the your nemisis. Like have the flag pulsate next to the players name that way it is easier to pick out from the other flags that people have. I do run into problems when looking for who has my flag. Wasting time going down the list looking for the player when it flahes and you find it almost instantly.
It is finally the end of all to come...

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man
Is either a fool or a coward
Whoever can not take care of himself without that law is both
For a wounded man shall say to his assailent
If i live i will kill you
If i die you are forgiven
Such is the rule of honor...