Suddenly -- No tank control under LInux. Help?

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
HeadCrash
Private
Private

Suddenly -- No tank control under LInux. Help?

Post by HeadCrash »

I'm a long-time player, recently upgraded to bzflag-2.0.0.20050117, running on a well-maintained Debian Stable box with plenty of CPU, ram, and a GeForce4TI graphics card.

The last time I played everything was fine. Tonight, though, I have no directional control over the tank. Neither mouse no keyboard works. I can shoot and jump using either, but there are no directional controls. Nothing will cause the tank to move (except jump).

I found this problem on both servers I've tried: bzflag.secretplace.us and hepcat, so I assume this is not just a problem with a server.

I haven't modified my installation or otherwise changed my client, so I'm a bit confiused. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HeadCrash
KyleH
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth, minor Orion Spiral arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by KyleH »

I was present when this happened on secretplace. From my perspective his tank was sitting in one place and rapidly moving up and down (perhaps he was trying to jump?) No bullets would touch him and he had no control. Wierd.
Scorch
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Scorch »

he was stuck in the ground like at 1.0 HIX a long time ago u spawned stuck in the ground for a while.
Kristinn
Private
Private

Post by Kristinn »

Just installed BZFlag and I'm having similar problems. The tank moves more or less in the general direction that I tell him but it kind of bumbs around. The only thing I can do properly is jump.

I have a GeForce 440mx on a Dell inspiron btw.