Arena's

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Arena's

Post by I_Died_Once »

Yet another idea

How about different arena's for BZ Flag? Instead of sky and mountains off in the distant - how about the walls of a child's room? (Like we're toy tanks) and you see stuff like a light switch, posters, other toys propped against the wall, dresser drawers, ceiling fans - or even make such thing part of the game field. (I hid the flag behind the toy airplane, by the transformers!!!!)

Or stands full of people, and the field looks like a football field (or NASCAR track)

Or a more interactive environment - statues that can be knocked over, mud/rock/whatever slides triggered by gunfire, trap doors...

A moon course!

Of course, these arena's would be on the server side of things...
...This has been a recording.
Workaphobia
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Workaphobia »

Well with 1.11 maps, you can change the texture of objects and use meshes. If these features were expanded a bit, so that you could change the distant background or sky patterns easily, then I see no reason why every map couldn't have its own theme.

Or perhaps such theme settings could be stored in separate files from the map itself, allowing many different maps to utilize a few common looks that everyone is familiar with.
"Nifty News Fifty: When news breaks, we give you the pieces."