Waitlist Queue

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
Tegan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Waitlist Queue

Post by Tegan »

If you try to join a site when it is full except for Observers, when you are added to the Observers team, how about also being placed in a Waitlist Queue?

When a player leaves a given team, the queue is sought for the oldest entry having a player who tried to join either as Automatic or as the color of the team which someone just left.

Queued players who tried to join as a specific color other than that of the team with the vacancy are skipped, and remain in the queue until their requested color has an opening.

Of course, anyone joining explicitly as an observer will not be placed in the queue.

I think this would be convenient in some cases of CTF, not sure it adds any value to FFA, and am fairly certain it is useless for Rabbits. But there it is.

Any thoughts?
nurdc0re
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by nurdc0re »

That would be a great idea. I sometimes wind up joining as an observer when I want to play, and have to sit there waiting for someone to leave. It would be very convenient this way.
Workaphobia
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Workaphobia »

This idea would rule. I normally don't have too much trouble fitting into a server's limit, but it would be very useful if the community considerably expands in the future and the most popular servers stay as they are.
"Nifty News Fifty: When news breaks, we give you the pieces."