assault...koth...ish?

Questions and answers about the how and why of making maps.
diing for the team
Private First Class
Private First Class

assault...koth...ish?

Post by diing for the team »

Well I had a change of game play idea and I was wondering if koth plugin might be able to be modified to suit my needs or if there is another way to do it. The idea was that I would be able to set "1" red spawn spot. There would be blue "bases". somewhere near each of these blue bases would be a "blue spawn spot" for each base. lets say the map is set up like below minus the periods and commas where RB is red base, B1 is the first blue base, B2 is the second blue base ect, and BS are the blue spawns. I have attached a file with something similar to that. Just a quick reference here.
|BS..BS.BS|
|B4|B3|B1|

Well red's goal would be to capture all the blue bases and blue's would be to defend them. When red captures a blue base they would then take that base's spawns. What would make note of the fact that the base was captured? There would be that 10 second count down from the king of the hill plugin thingy. When you capture the base it kills all the players in the game on both sides and moves the spawn zones around. so lets say red has just captured the first base. All the players in the game get a message "base one has been captured" and then get killed. Then blues will spawn in the second blue spawn zone and red will spawn in the first blue spawn zone.

Is a plugin possible for this? Will this need lua scripts?
Attachments
assault demo.bzw
(1.29 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
joevano
General
General

Re: assault...koth...ish?

Post by joevano »

How would blue get a base back to make their position better? Or is it just an eventual fact that they lose all their bases?
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
diing for the team
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: assault...koth...ish?

Post by diing for the team »

It would be a timed game. The blues win if they keep a base in the time allotted to them. If reds grab all the bases then they win. There would be something like on that tower map (i forget the name but everyone was rouge and one group was trying to get a flag from the ground and one group was in a tower with 6 platforms trying to shoot the ground team) where on the last capture everyone dies and it randomizes the teams. There is also the possibility it could be made so if blue caps their last base back then it drops the reds back a base.