PM's

Improvements, Problems, or Questions on the Forum format or software go here ( not about the game )
Propane Tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

PM's

Post by Propane Tank »

Why does it take an hour to send a 5 word PM? This is ridiculous. I can send a 300 word e-mail with a 2MB attachment in about 30 seconds.
-Propane Tank
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: PM's

Post by dango »

Because it doesn't?

Perhaps the message was in your outbox for an hour because people don't check bzbb 24/7?
"Outbox" means that the receiver didn't open the message yet, not that the message hasn't been sent.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

It stays in your outbox until they read it so you can "unsend" it in that time. Something you can't do with real email. PMs are not mail messages, they don't "go" anywhere, they just set a flag for that user to read it when they next log in. This is why they are called "Private Messages", not "email".

Think of it more like putting a sticky note on someones desk rather then sending them a letter, you can always run over to the desk and grab the note before they get back if you realize you wrote something stupid :)
ImageJeffM
Propane Tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Propane Tank »

oh, now i get it. See, I thought PM's were like e-mail messages and it has to 'send' to the person. and once it sends, it goes to your sent items folder. Thanks for your answer JeffM, it helped much.
(I was wondering why people would pm me saying why a one of their messages was deleted, and I was ?.)
-Propane Tank