Observing

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
LJuk
Private First Class
Private First Class

Observing

Post by LJuk »

Split observing into Silent Observer and Normal Observer. Silent as is now, for admins, and normal as an option that broadcasts who you are observing, so the observee can see in the corner of the screen or something..

I discussed it with a few of us..
LJuk
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

why?
ImageJeffM
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Triumph of the Soul »

To take this and run with it, perhaps silent observing could be invisible observing. You could make this a permission that allows users in a certain usergroup to be invisible on the scoreboard (but maybe visible on /playerlist) while observing. In my experience there is a type of cheater who I will deem 'weasel' for now, who only cheats when they think they won't get caught by an admin [who isn't there at the time]. Invisible observing could allow admins to catch them. Of course, there already is the hidden admin plugin, so I guess I am also curious as to why you would need silent observing...

As for being able to see who is observing you, I have no concrete stance on this, but I think it may be useful as a client config option, or even another permission.
Creator @: Duck or Die, Duck or Die CTF, Fuel Stack, Guernica, Normal, Frayed
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

I had something really hackish like this back in 1.7 or 1.10. It was a server modification and an associated command that would make me appear to leave the server. I would only show up in a /playerlist, so only other admins would know I was there. Then, when I talked, it appeared to come from the server player. It was useful to observing cheaters without them knowing you were there.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)