Subdivision. A twin 2-team CTF.

User made maps to use on servers.
F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

Subdivision. A twin 2-team CTF.

Post by F687/s »

This is my newest map.

The main theory behind this map is that it is 2 two-team CTF maps on each side, with a gap space in the middle. That means that most of the fighting takes place between the two teams, with the occasional person that comes through the far side. In addition, the map takes place entirely inside a roofed structure, which makes for interesting pyramid rico.

I have attached the map file, as well as a few screenshots. For right now, this map is not hosted.
Attachments
subdivision.bzw
The map file.
(6.41 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
bzfi0087.png
The overhead of the map (Roof removed)
(635.53 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
bzfi0089.png
The center of the map.
(763.88 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
Last edited by F687/s on Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SirIchBeenCool
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: Out on the lacrosse field, taking names and getting phone numbers...

Post by SirIchBeenCool »

Cool, I like it! Looks awesome! I have one question though... Do you go through the big walls? The ones (2 of em) that seperate the bases from the middle with the kind of "opened box", are they drive through or is there gaps I'm not seeing...or teletoporters? Well besides that looks cool!
I will want to play it!

-Merry Christmas!-
~SirIchBeenCool~
"Your happiness is not my happiness it is my misery"
~Feuer Frei~--Rammstein--
Girls are like phones. They love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected! -- LtKirby2007
Check out PWN@G3 plus! http://my.bzflag.org/league/index.php?l ... fo&id=1131&
Gabriel G
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Gabriel G »

There are many bugs to be fixed, long line and such.

I'll just list two, I don't know if you've fixed them yet.

1.) Registered players get everyone's ip (just something wrong with permissions, but can be fixed quickly), although they can't ban.

2.) Dropping a flag over a pyramid (would normally send to middle) instead stays inside pyramid (I was first to find it when i tried :P).

JUST fix these and I'll love it too.
Use the Search and Edit buttons as your question may have already been answered/posted.

F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by F687/s »

> There are many bugs to be fixed, long line and such.

1.) That is a problem with group permissions. I've fixed that (although the reliability of the hosting is kind of spotty right now).

2.) I think I've fixed that problem.

In addition, a couple of this map's bugs (such as buggy teleporter linkage) are actually "features" that can be taken advantage of. Also, some subtle errors in the screenshot have been fixed too.

I've fixed those problems in the map. Also, the map should be hosted at bzfmaps.net:5036 (i think), if the stars align, and nn remembers to restart the ssh daemon.
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Plays awesome. That's one of the best times I've had on one of your maps yet. Nicely done. One thing: You can hide behind teleporters and shoot at people coming out or in to teles, and nobody can hit you easily if you do it right.
io
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by io »

î agree your maps are tactical and good playable :-) i liked it very much :-) keep up the good work i m waiting for ur next map ^^
Marzipan

Why be normal when you can be yourself?

We dance because we can not fly

Legalize it!

I created a map, i just can't remeber because i were high.

bzflag.norang.ca
Openleague
Linuxratings
Soccer-Tournament