Announcing The CitrusCat Rotation

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
Tropican8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Announcing The CitrusCat Rotation

Post by Tropican8 »

It has recently come to my attention that there is currently no well-maintained server hosting the classic "SilverCat-type" lineup of Overlord, Babel, and Pillbox. CBG has long kept the fire burning with ShadowCat, but has expressed to me that he would like to join the real world, and therefore wants to pass the torch along to the next poor soul.

I'm going to try my best to carry it, though I make no promises or guarantees.

I have always believed that there is a difference between running a specific map through BZFS and running a server. Unfortunately, this distinction is not the result of anything I can do, but is what YOU, the players, bring to a server with your personality and sportsmanship.

All of the original administrators and cops have such privileges on CitrusCat. I hope that at least some of them decide to take up their former posts.

An IRC channel is available on Freenode at ##citruscat

The rotation is running at 0c.ath.cx:4510

The rules are simple and obvious for anyone who has ever played on SilverCat or ShadowCat. No cheating, teamkilling, admin asking, or profanity. Use common sense and don't pick fights. Spawn camping is frowned upon.

The rotation itself will be non-timed. This means that you can relax and enjoy whatever map is currently running. The map will rotate when everyone leaves.

I have also sought to correct what I perceived to be the major deficiencies with SilverCat. Registration is obviously encouraged, but is not required. There are no strange floor textures either.

The actual machine is the same one CBG used. It's based in Columbus, Ohio, USA.

Have fun all, and please remember -- it's only a BZFlag server if you play on it! I hope we can build some sort of semblance of what we had with SilverCat. Thank you all in advance.