Banning entire ISP's

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
defects
Private
Private

Banning entire ISP's

Post by defects »

I've tried to join a server lately and it tells me "Banning entire ma charter because of xxxxx" citing a specific player. I'm on charter in an entirely different state and can't get on a lot of servers because of issues like that. Anyone else having these issues?
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

it means on that server, that player ruined it for everyone on your ISP.

ether pick another server, or contact the server owner to see if they will white list you.

sadly range bans are often the only way to stop some people.
ImageJeffM
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

Your ban is probably part of a large ban Planet MoFo recently had to put on an entire ISP. Since the Planet MoFo group run very many servers on the list, it may show up on servers not labeled with 'Planet MoFo'.

You should contact, via PM, either Optic Delusion or I_Died_Once and request to be put on the white list. Then you may be able to access the servers you are having trouble with.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
defects
Private
Private

hmm

Post by defects »

I play on mofo and have no problems there out of all the servers. Oh well.

One of the funny things is I play at my neighbors house on bloodbath and the admin's cheat on there, but when i try to play from my house it tells me there is a ban for cheating.
Tedius
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Tedius »

If any admins are cheating on any of my servers I would like to know about it immediately with specific details in a Private message. I review the logs often and I am committed to taking care of these kinds of issues promptly.

Strangely enough, I see no record of you, defects, ever playing on my server with that callsign. I can only imagine that you were probably banned for doing something inappropriate and have come here with no other intention except to complain about it.
this signature intentionally left blank
defects
Private
Private

Post by defects »

***EDITED BY FORUM ADMINISTOR: Please don't point out names in public. Tedius asked you to PM him***
Heck it's common knowledge cheating is rampant there. I am able to login now. I usually play under another nick, Paranoid.
I don't cheat as it really takes the fun out of the game so I don't appreciate you implying that was the case.
orthox
Private
Private

Post by orthox »

defects: we have lifted the ban on charter you reference now that we have other means of dealing with unmentioned player and we see that it is having collateral damage

sorry for the inconvenience, happy hunting
Tedius
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Tedius »

defects,

Evidently, the server you are referring to is not mine, since there is no record of "Paranoid" ever playing there either. I didn't realize that there were two other servers hosting bloodbath. I guess we all get a little touchy when it comes to these things.

I am sorry for automatically assuming you were accusing my admins, and for implying that you were cheating. No hard feelings.
this signature intentionally left blank
defects
Private
Private

Post by defects »

no problem.

This just goes to show how much cheating sux.
Teeed
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Teeed »

defects wrote:***EDITED BY FORUM ADMINISTOR: Please don't point out names in public. Tedius asked you to PM him***
Heck it's common knowledge cheating is rampant there. I am able to login now. I usually play under another nick, Paranoid.
I don't cheat as it really takes the fun out of the game so I don't appreciate you implying that was the case.
i never cheat... but write about me whatever u want
u can use my nickname... i don't mind...
Before u accuse someone think 3 times okay?

Code: Select all

<php>3;$l++) echo "e";
echo "d";
?>