Phantom Zone Fight.bzw
(6.51 KiB) Downloaded 223 times
OG
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

Hey, looks awesome! :)

But eh, can you give us like a discription of it? :)
WarPig
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by WarPig »

nice idea it looks really good!
R3laX
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by R3laX »

Grace F wrote: But eh, can you give us like a discription of it? :)
You have to play it ;P
r3lax.bzflag.pl:7334
OG
that exploding tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by that exploding tank »

You spawn in an area full of PZ flags and a tele that doesn't link to anywhere. You can then drive through the walls and go shoot other "zoned" people up, since "zoned" bullets can kill "zoned" people. Also the "zoned" bullets act like Super Bullets, and you can kill someone from across the map, as long as you're zoned.

I find it safe to stand next to a tele and stay unzoned; that way, no stray bullet will clip me, and I will be ready when another tank comes through the wall.
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Triumph of the Soul »

1. Why have jumping? This is no way to perch on any obstacles when zoned (or even when unzoned, for that matter).

2. One thing that nags me: if the game is meant to be played as a zoned tank, why have any objects at all. If the answer is to decrease visibility, then you may want to get rid of radar as well. Decreasing HUD visibility is not enough.

3. Since all tanks spawn unzoned, you should put in a world weapon right in the spawn zones. It wouldn't be very fun to play at a map where you can't kill the enemy because he won't zone himself. And to ensure that this incentive works, you can make the unzoned area that tanks can drive in very small so they can't escape the world weapon... On the other hand: If camping behind teleporters while unzoned and waiting for other tanks to come along is such a large part of the game that you can't restrict that kind of behavior, then I predict it would get tiresome for a few players very quickely.

Aside from my criticisms, the map looks good, symmetrical, and potentially fun. Good job.
Creator @: Duck or Die, Duck or Die CTF, Fuel Stack, Guernica, Normal, Frayed